+ Follow This Topic

Thread: define flirting for me, plz

define flirting for me, plz

I can't seem to tell the difference between flirting and having a normal conversation... is flirting like.... she giggles constantly and u giggle constanlty? lol

flirting is not one certain thing.. everyone flirts in their own way and yes giggling is a form of flirting. simply constantly talking and being able to laugh together is a form of chemistry. if you would explain your situation a bit more i could help let you know .

I think flirting is just a way of helping others feel good about themselves, which in turn makes you feel good about yourself, too.

k, shh! thats extremely general. i mean, i can help her with hmk and i still feel good. but thats not flirting!

for example, we were doing a lab in class, and we were next to each other and she started flicking water at me playfully... but being the clueless idiot i am, i just said like "ouch", without even turning around, and kept doing my lab work... and since we were next to each other, when we talked face to face, i felt reallly really close, like i could feel her heat and it was like i was close to hugging her or something.

other times we chat, but they're quite serious (like finding out more about each other without getting frivolous). and other times we joke around with a group of friends. i don't think we've ever done the "she giggle i giggle" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Off2College
    k, shh! thats extremely general.
    Sorry, but you asked for a definition, not instructions...

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
    Flirting is a form of human interaction, usually expressing a sexual or romantic interest in the other person. It can consist of conversation, body language, and/or brief physical contact. It may be one-sided or mutual.

Flirting may consist of stylized gestures, language, body language, postures, and physiologic signs, some of which are also part of foreplay. Among these, at least in Western society, are:
    - Eye contact
    - Casual touches
    - Footsie, the "feet under the table" practice
    - Smiling suggestively
    - "Protean" signals, such as touching one's hair
    - Sending and receiving notes, poems, mixtapes, or written music
    - Friendly teasing
    - Winking
    - Constant glances

Flirting can even be a quick glance into each others eyes across a room.

What really defines flirting is the way the two people involved feel, as in being attracted to each other, not what you are actually physically doing.

As you get older you will learn when you are being flirted with....unfortunately my friend, only more experience of being able to read peoples emotions will tell you this.

But be assured, that as your grow a bit older and come into contact with more people you will learn :-)

k well the water flicking is definately a form of flirting, if you like her ask her to hangout with you outside of class sometime lol thats the best remedy to be honest, trying to figure things out is always hard and stressful

shes a flirt ...go for it , end of story .

blah w/e. she's turned me down like twice when i asked her to hang with me and my friends... i think the problem is she doesn't know any of my friends.

and she got ticked off at me over the phone today. w/e