+ Follow This Topic

Thread: ...reading too much into the situation?

...reading too much into the situation?

If you have ever had a crush on someone, you probably know the over-analyzing, soul-searching, heart-wrenching agony that you have to endure until you're over him/her.

Well, here's my story. I met him about a 2 months ago (in school). We've become friends of sort, hanging out in groups and chating on the phone about daily matters. Due to those crazy, blind cupids, I've become obsessed with the boy. 'sighhhh' ... Can't study, can't eat, can't sleep...have I got all the classic symptoms.

Some of the signs he has been giving out....
    1) we had one dinner together...he opened the car door for me,
    cut up my food, and put it on my plate during dinner. Being
    gentlemenly?
    2) out of the corner of my eyes, i notice that he keeps turning
    around in my general direction (in many of the classes we are
    taking together). I'm too nervous to look at him to see if he
    looks at me though. I did it once, and he was looking at me.
    3) he does that 'puff up his chest thing' whenever i'm around.
    And smiles brightly at me sometimes.

He already has a gf though, so I need to get over him fast. I don't want to steal him from his gf though. I'm just extremely curious to find out if he is attracted to me. Then to find ways to get over him. Help please. What should I do?

Hmmm....Well if he cut up your food, that is a pretty good sign that he is attracted to you....Unless he feels you were uncapable of doing that yourself.

How old are the both of you? He has a g/f, so do you want to be naughty? or nice?
    Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.

Napoleon I

No, I'm very capable of cutting my own food. I hope he respects me enough to think me a capable food-cutter.

I'm just curious whether one friend would cut one's dinner for one (and not have it be a romantic thing). Although from knowing him, I don't think he's the type who goes and cut food for other people.

Anyhow, I'm 22 and he's 24. We're both in college.

Naughtly or nice? I've read a lot of posts here (I'm new) and seen so many people in a lot of pain (me included for the present moment). If I wanted to be naughty (and I do), that would possibly cause somebody somewhere a lot of pain. So I guess I'll have to stick to being nice.

It's just I want to have the whole situation figured out before I can move on. If I know he likes me, then we can sit down and discuss the situation like intelligent, mature adults that we are, and stop hanging out with each other. If not, then I can attack the situation in a different way. I would then still can remain his friend because boy, does he intellectually stimulate or does he not!!!

But it's these nagging doubts/uncertainties that is killing me.

Nice would be the best way to go, not only will you keep from splittting them up but you wont have that guilt from breaking them up....plus you can look back at yourself and know you did the right thing.

Maybe just thanking him for his time, but yet explaining that you don't want to cross your personal line of "getting to involved"

That is all that I can think of for the moment.
    Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.

Napoleon I