+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running out of ideas.

Running out of ideas.

Hey guys,

Me and my girlfriend are doing well, we like each other a lot.

But we're running out of ideas as to what to do together...

Any date ideas?
    For 16 year olds, in a town with basically nothing to do besides Starbucks.
    And cold weather.

Save up some cash and go on a day trip some where, like a theme park or the zoo, something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

Even farther than that, what can I do with her, like, every other day?

I'd just sit with her at Starbucks and walk around, but that'd obviously get old.

Quote Originally Posted by inneedofhelpp
    Even farther than that, what can I do with her, like, every other day?

I'd just sit with her at Starbucks and walk around, but that'd obviously get old.

Not everything has to be a big production. In fact, in many relationships, most days there really isn't something exciting and new you go out and do. It's the time spent together that's meaningful. Out of curiosity, how long have you guys been together?

Do you have any of the same classes together? Studying together can be a good way to spend time with her. Plus hopefully it'll help you both schoolwise (assuming you can even concentrate . . . )

Every once in a while go out to eat together. Doesn't have to be super fancy, maybe just any local restaurant. Do either of you drive yet? If not, is there any other restaurant type place within walking distance besides Starbucks?

Even more important than all those things might be to NOT spend as much time together. That of course depends on how much time you guys spend together already. But you don't have to spend every waking hour, or even every afternoon/evening with her. Make sure you're making time to hang out with your other friends, and she is too.

One of the main reasons I asked how long you guys have been together is that it seems as though when two people are first starting to date or be in a relationship or whatever other label you'd like, there's a need to be doing some sort of activity/outing all the time. As both you two and the relationship itself matures, that tends to get scaled back a little bit and you realize that just being together when you can is a great thing, as well as the fact that time spent apart doing something else is great too.

any clubs or activities you can join or take up together?

ie: Curling Team
    - skating?
    - photography?
    - theatre? join a theatre group
    - racquetball - most gyms will have raquetball or squash - great for two people to play - one against the other
    - volunteer for a food bank or homeless shelter or nursing home
    - walk dogs for the dog pound
    - visit each other's aunts / uncles / grandparents

Haha, nice, RogerWilco.

About a week, but in that time we've hit it off big.
    Not like our friends in our grade, they're perverts (including the girls) and relatioships last two weeks for them.
    We've only kissed and we know we don't care how far we go.

We have gym and a free together, so yeah we spend time together in school.

Clynn:
    This is funny.
    She's on track, and for the past few weeks the team has been offseason, but she and another girl practice with the coach offseason. I decided to go to be with her and to run with them. I liked it, so I went a few more times.

The coach offered me to be the manager of the team (not seriously) so that I could be with the team when it started the season on Monday (yesterday). I accepted.

And on the first meeting, we have our arms together and the coaches are like "Woah Woah we cant have that at meetings, sorry." So being with her is out of question.
    And now there are 20 other girls and the two guys who used to come offseason arent there anymore, and I cant really run with them.

So all those reasons are gone...ha. ha.
    *sorry that sounds better in person*

Quote Originally Posted by inneedofhelpp
    Hey guys,

Me and my girlfriend are doing well, we like each other a lot.

But we're running out of ideas as to what to do together...

Any date ideas?
    For 16 year olds, in a town with basically nothing to do besides Starbucks.
    And cold weather.

had this same problem with my gf we ended up never hanging out simply because there was nothing to do lol.. just chill at eachother house man thats the best .

How about going bowling, mini golf, rent some movies ... If you're going to Starbucks every other day, that will add up fast...
    They may forget what you said, but, they will never forget how you made them feel ...

Go on a picnic. Just don't forget your sweaters.

try cooking! bake something....just randomly open a page in a baking or cooking book, and try it out! it's fun! really!!! and you get to eat the yummy foods too,....!!! i did that with my exes before, and we had so much fun in the kitchen, we forgot about the time....make it more fun by listening to music while u're cooking too!! sing along, and play with water in the sink...hehe...after u finsih cooking, take photograph of ur cooking, and make a collection of "our cooking together"...date them, and write comments on that. seriously, try it!

it is the though that count...anything will be fun if you are with ur love one...sometime cash itself can't buy happiness...stroll in the park, watch sunset or sunrise...walk beside the seaside...cookin is wad work the most but of course you should know how to cook first...lastly, i always believe though that count, don't pressure urself with where do we go, will she feel bored there?....

o yes, a ride of those 2 people ride bicycle would be fun for couples...

You know what I did once when I had no idea?
    I picked her up, and we went driving for 3 hours. Then we saw a movie theater and went there.

We both admitted that driving arround was WICKED fun.

You guys have been dating a week????
    And you ralready bored of walking around???? lol I understand, I used to be a broke 16 year old in love too! well look starbucks is not bad, in the first few weeks your better off going to places where you can talk, and get to know each other. Then you can go to the movies, go skating, or in some sort of arcade place. Find out what she likes, or go over to her place invite her to yours( that is if your parents are ok with it) and talk, bake cookies together(lol or sumthing that interests you more). For most of high school my then boyfriend and I would just hang at the mall, in a park, in some cheap cafe or fast food place.
    Now I'm in college, and I still enjoy that kinda stuff, although I really don't have time for it....but yeah hope that helps...
    And since you know you cannot see yourself,
    so well as by reflection, I, your glass,
    will modestly discover to yourself,
    that of yourself which you yet know not of.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ahhhh.... After a week and your bored already? huh... how about enjoying each other's company when your together? like doing little things for one another or playing some board games or something?
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Inneedofhelpp

I grew up out in the country so I can kind of relate to what you're talking about...I used to take my girlfriend out to boatramps on the river, or her dad's farm, make a fire and just sit there and talk for hours. Yeah, sounds a little corny, but we used to have a blast. Just don't burn stuff down!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast