+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just thought I'd tell my story...

Just thought I'd tell my story...

If any of you notice me from my other post, I don't want you to associate that with this...

To start off, I have been in a relationship with this girl sort of on and off. It started out all good, we were both happy, but then abruptly she said she wanted to take a break because she wasn't sure if she wanted a b/f at the moment. After giving her a few days I decided that she had to make a decision and she couldn't keep me waiting. Her reply was that she does want to be with me... So we got back together. The problem is, it seems like when we are in a relationship she gets pissed at me... for no reason. She even said she doesn't know why.

So basically we both came to the conclusion that it would be best if we broke up, because in my opinion, and she agrees that she isn't ready for a real relationship. Now take in to consideration that I am a little over 2 yrs older (She is 14 and I am 16). Also, her mom doesn't allow her to date, so everything we did together was behind her mom's back, and this was starting to bother her.

At the present moment, she still tells me she loves me and that she wants to be with me again when she is ready. This might sound kind of weird because you'd think if she knew this, she would be ready to be in a real relationship. But, according to her, whenever we are together she gets "second thoughts". Right now I'm basically waiting for her to be ready for a real relationship, and we still tell each other that we love each other. Also, she said that I'm the "last person she'd want to be in a short-term relationship with", and that she wants our relationship to "last a long time".

The reason I typed this is because I am curious what other people think of this. Also, do you think I should wait for her(Right now I plan on it)? Do you think this will work out?

P.S. We do still talk all the time and see each other when I am hanging with her brother (I'm very good friends with her brother lol).

King Zarathu Guest
    Stay away! This sounds like trouble. From experience of being with a girl who is forbidden by her parents to date, this spells TROUBLE!!!!!

Do you think it's possible that she just got back with you to not hurt your feelings? A girl who is younger than you will most likely admire you and might feel a little bit intimidated (I'm saying this because she's 14).

[EDIT]
    Also, unless her mom has done anything to intentionally hurt you, just respect her rules. It's the best way to handle it.
    *I can feel idiots getting ready to flame, but before you do, just remember
    Quote Originally Posted by LTsK8eR2gO
    unless her mom has done anything to intentionally hurt you

Yes, i know, I'm sort of waiting for her mom to let her date. We are both waiting for that...

And I am almost positive that she isn't doing it to not hurt my feelings, because that is what I was thinking and I've threatened leaving her and she doesn't want me to...
    Last edited by jeff4123; 22-03-06 at 06:44 AM.

King Zarathu Guest
    How old does she have to be before she's allowed to date?

She has to be either 15 or 16, it depends on when her mom decides...

King Zarathu Guest
    She must be Christian, isn't she?

Once again, for the slow people, this isn't a discrimination or a bash, just a question.

She is catholic...

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I understand how you guys feel becasue I was your age at one time. But you have to remember at this age your completely dependent upon your parents.

So in her case, she is living with her parents so she has to repsect their rules which she should... you guys seem forget that parents were once your age as well and went through all these things already and have those rules for a reason aside from just making "you guys" mad.

I know you feel you love this girl. But you ahve to look at this way. Things change especiialy at her age, so what she wants now will probably not be the same in 2 years when she is able to date. So basically, even though you care....I would say move on......fi when she's able to date you both want to get back together than go for it!
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

I agree that she is young, and is still changing.

But how can she lose feelings for someone she cares about and has fun with? And also, a guy that loves her, cares about her, and does his best to make her happy?

As a friend once told me "love doesn't disappear". So if we do love each other we will continue loving each other. So this is sort of a test I suppose to see if we do love each other I suppose...

F***, I don't know how much longer I can do this, it seems like its getting harder and harder for me everyday!

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    In all honesty, she's young and confused. She has no idea what she wants. Not to mention she sounds liek she's bi-polar but I'm only going off what your telling us.

I would do everything you can to move on with your life and stop waiting for her. She obviously has no clue what she wants and may not know for some time. All that's doing to you is hurting you.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!