+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long to wait?

How long to wait?

I hung out for a little while tonight with a guy I have a bit of a thing for. This is really only the second time I've had any one-on-one time with him. He showed me the apartment he's staying in for the next week, and asked if I wanted to drop by for a drink or to watch a movie sometime this week. Since I would feel weird just showing up, I asked for his number, and since he doesn't have a cell phone (or a land line because he's only in the country for a short time*) he gave me his email address. My question is, is there a good amount of time to wait before I get in contact with him? Should I email him tonight? Wait a day? I don't want to waste time since he's not here for that long, but as usual I don't want to seem to eager. suggestions?

*(about the long-distance thing - if anything does come of this, I'll be abroad next year and as it turns out, only a 3-hour drive from where he lives. The other guy I'm interested in lives a block from me, but next year we'll be both be gone - two difficult situations - but this one seems more promising in the distance department.)

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well did you guys watch a movie or anything?

I mean if you really had fun you could send him a quick note telling him that. but otherwise I would just say wait a little bit before you send the email or you'll look very eager! Even given the circumstances.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

wow

let me tell you first of all, my heart was about to sink as I read that..

now, you said it yourself, there is really no time to waste.. don't wait a day to contact him, forget the hard to get tactics.. he WANTS to get to know you.. a guy does not invite a girl over for a drink and a movie in the hopes of a no-show.. he WANTS to spend some time with you..

so, he lives far away.. ehh.. whatever.. my girlfriend came from India five years ago.. I came from Greece to New York when I was 6.. now, if we could meet, from half a world away.. (and it's an amazing relationship), then I don't see why u can't see the potential in this..

be a little optimistic.. I hate when I hear people say something like.. "but there's this guy that lives next to me".. forget the other guy.. go to the mirror, and scream.. FORGET THE OTHER GUY!!!..

confusious say.. you send him an e-mail, silly girl..

send him one tonight.. guys that are here on a short stay, usually feel rejection alot faster.. if you wait a day, to him, it could seem like a week.. e-mail him right now.. tell him that u'd love to come over.. there's a favorite movie u'd like to bring over and see, right after u take him to ur favorite cafe'.

sounds like a date to me..

If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

no, we bumped into each other at about 6:30 by accident (sort of) and just hung out and played foosball and pool... he had to be somewhere at quarter of 8 so we didn't have too much time.
    I think I'll just email him tomorrow morning or afternoon and see if he's busy tomorrow night.

oh...conflicting advice... hmmm...

lol

hmm.. question.. you KNOW he WANTS you.. and by no means do I mean sexually.. maybe he does.. but foosball.. i don't think the attraction is there yet..

but a woman who can bring on a mean game of bootleg soccer.. is at least alot of fun.. guys love a chick pal who can be chillaxed and plays good foosball, pool, watches movies, knows thier way around, the city ofcourse..

nway.. back to the question.. you know he wants to spend some time with you.. WHY AGAIN ARE YOU WAITING TO TELL HIM THAT YOU WANT TO SPEND SOME TIME TOO???

you have, ZERO risk of rejection, 100% chance confirmation of acceptance.. what is it?? what is keeping you here???

SEND OUT THE E-MAIL!!!

ok! i'm going! i'm going!

lol

WOO HOO!!! I think you'll be better at international relations than John Bolton is right about now.. Poor Iran..

ok, done. let's see what goes down.

i'm not sure i followed the whole foosball thread... what were you saying there? he just wants a gal pal? confusion.

you did it !!! waitng for answer?

got an answer. I asked if he wanted to hang out at 9:45 tonight - he said he's away for the day and won't get back till 10 or 11, but would love to hang out then. guess it's a date

fill us in.........

: )

Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm
    got an answer. I asked if he wanted to hang out at 9:45 tonight - he said he's away for the day and won't get back till 10 or 11, but would love to hang out then. guess it's a date
    confusious say.. way to go girl..

and for the foosball thing.. no.. he doesn't want a gal pal.. though it IS how it starts out.. you know guys.. never admiting they have a crush or feelings strait out.. always some MASTER PLAN cooking in the backround..

one day it's just hanging out.. and BAM!!! something happens.. some combination of words, glares, smiles and touch.. and all of a sudden.. you're a couple..

I must admit. The transition from dating to relationship, is rather elusive at best. It is perhaps one of those moments which is barely tangable enough to be realized, but not more so that it may be savored.

Quote Originally Posted by clynn
    fill us in.........
    just to add to my inner turmoil...
    We hung out for an hour or so and after awhile he started stroking my hair and then leaned in for a kiss... he asked if I was OK and said he didn't want me to do anything I was uncomfortable with, and especially didn't want to hurt me since he's leaving in less than 2 weeks. We kissed and cuddled for awhile, then he walked me home, and I'll probably see him this weekend.

Haven't sorted out how I feel yet...

Tone Guest
    WHAT????????

Is this that old guy??????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast