+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I too late for NC?

Am I too late for NC?

As many of you recall from my other thread, me and my ex broke up on mutual terms. However, I am technically the dumpee since she took a strong "give up and move on" initiative after the breakup. Having said that, I will describe my last contact with her and allow you guys to steer me in the right direction. The day after the breakup, I called her to see if we could meet at a park where it was calm to talk and she agreed to do it the next day. When the next day rolled around, she called me during lunch and told me that after thinking things over, there was no further purpose in seeing each other or talking about anything.

After about 4 kind requests for her to accept my request (borderline begging), she said that if I REALLY needed to tell her something that it couldn't be in person. I kindly accepted and told her that I would be sending her a letter. That same day I sent her the famous e-mail letter. Not a sappy, mushy letter... just a letter that pretty much explained my coming to terms with my attitude problem and that I was planning on fixing it, etc... (The letter did not indicate that a reply was necesary). No reply has been attained in 10 days, and last Friday I sent her a response to an e-mail about something she wanted back with a "PS: Thinking of you... a lot". I kind of thought of it as a non-harmful, tiny little stone in her pond.

She just replied "Thank you", but to the main e-mail header, not to the "P.S." message. it has now been 5 days of NC since that final contact. Is it to late for NC to work? Any suggestions? Thanks!

CH

She didnt read your letter. You are the dumper....End of story. She's being smart as hell by keeping her distance. She knows it's over, doesn't want to give you a second chance, and is watching out for her best interests. Sorry dude; you lost; move on.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by coldheart

She just replied "Thank you", but to the main e-mail header, not to the "P.S." message. it has now been 5 days of NC since that final contact. Is it to late for NC to work? Any suggestions? Thanks!

CH

I am not sure what you mean when you ask if no contact will "work". What is your objective?

It sounds to me like she is done with you. Sorry.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

You guys are right. Thanks for your time...

CH

Quote Originally Posted by coldheart
    You guys are right. Thanks for your time...

CH
    Sorry man; it's hard; we know.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis