+ Follow This Topic

Thread: dump him or not-if he lied about age and schooiling, dump him or keep him

dump him or not-if he lied about age and schooiling, dump him or keep him

lets say u meet this guy off the net-seems like a normal guy and what not-later on you find out hes 2 yrs younger he 25 not 23 and ur 21, he told you he went to university-which u need a high % wise to enter -SFU but really is attending a community college kwanten. would u dump him or would u say ah who cares and continue no biggie. lets say ur dating him for approx 2 mnths. would u continue dating him or say forgot about it.

I'd say forget about it. Its just a net relationship. Lies wont do in a succeseful relationship. Sounds like a loser anyway, to lie about his life.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think a lot of people lie when they are just getting to know someone because they want to impress.

If you REALLY like him otherwise, and if you are not omitting any other lies he may have told you, I would tell him to come clean about everything he may have lied to you about when he first met you, and let him know you will not tolerate any more lies from this point forward.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by joe45
    would u dump him or would u say ah who cares and continue no biggie.
    I would dump him. Lying is a big deal to me. I'd go so far as to say its a deal breaker. I am not rationalizin mind you, if he lied about his favorite color to you I would dump him just over that. Not because of what he lied about but just because he lied.

Quote Originally Posted by joe45
    lets say ur dating him for approx 2 mnths.
    Just think joe, if he will lie to you about such piddly crap as what is god dam age is and what school he goes to....he will indeed lie about things far greater. You are building a relationship on a flimsy foundation.

He may have lied initially because he didn't anticipate actually meeting you in person........or he was trying to be "anonymous" in his internet identity.

It may not be a bigger deal than that..............

So, if you like him and don't think he is a compulsive liar, and if those things aren't that big of a deal to you, I'd just overlook it.

That's up to you! I you really like him just forgive him!!! May be he liked you and wanted to make impress!!

As somebody else has said, sometimes people tell little white lies hoping to impress somebody new... It really depends how much you like him, although with all of the lies he has spun, do you really know this guy, the real guy? He may be holding back other information as well. Not sure. I think I'd have to walk away.

Those aren't little white lies. Telling you that you look great in your new outfit when he really doesn't like it is a little white lie.

He's a lying liar who lies. That's poison. I would dump Prince William if he lied to me.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey - I went to Kwantlen - it is NOT a community college FYI. It happens to be a university. So he wasn't lying about that.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx3
    I'd say forget about it. Its just a net relationship. Lies wont do in a succeseful relationship. Sounds like a loser anyway, to lie about his life.

Gets my stamp of best advice for this question. AND THAT IS ONE IMPORTANT STAMP!.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."