+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long distance relationships.

Long distance relationships.

Ok well here is my problem… during spring break I basically fell in love with the most amazing woman ever on a crews to Mexico! Her and I just clicked rite off the bat and all we did for the rest of the break we spent every minute that we could together knowing that once the break was over we just mite not ever see each other again. Since I live in Alaska and she lives in Texas. Well it came time for us to part ways and we exchanged our info and we currently are talking on a daily basis either by email or phone. And I don’t know if I should move on or not, knowing that if I ever can visit her it would just be during the summer and then I would haft to head back home for school. I tried to talk to her about it and it just made it harder for me to figure out what I should do. She told me that she never wants to loose me and that I am the only person who has ever been able to make her feel like the beautiful woman that she is, and that her heart will always be mine. And from what I have heard is that long distance relationships never work, and I am starting to see why. I am not sure how many people have been in my situation that are reading this but I can tell the ones who haven’t that it is the worst feeling in the world when you love some one so much and cant even see their face anymore. Does any one have any suggestions or advice that they could give me?

What was the most amazing girl ever doing in Mexico?

I agree with "it is the worst feeling in the world when you love some one so much and cant even see their face anymore." But when you stop talking to her you will feel really bad for a while, and then everything will be back to normal. And if you keep talking to her, you will have the worst feeling in the world for a long time.

Weigh it out yourself
    Last edited by Lynx3; 28-03-06 at 01:14 PM.

hey, even long distance relationships work. sometimes they work even better than a normal relationship.
    but... after a time, you can realize that it's not fair, because you can't see your loved one everyday (for example). and, even having strong feelings for that person, you try to find someone else, that could be much more closer than the real loved one.
    i think LDR woks when people engaged in this know each other very well and have a big portion of trust.
    yes, it's always a nice feeling when you love, when you are loved.
    i'm sorry, how old are you?
    i think you can be very good friends. try to become friends and after that see how it goes......
    Think everyday something no one else is thinking...

It's up to you to figure it out, but what if she is "the one?"
    That's the question you might be asking yourself later in life - when you are still searching for that special someone - "what if?" That's one question I never want to ponder.

A lot of people settle for "just" a partner, but some need that special something in a person, that never goes away and in time even gets stronger; someone who really understands them.

So what is it gonna be - the Blue or Red pill?
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia"

I am 18 years old

It can work for a while! But then you need decide smth for yourself...

Dude, that's not gonna work. LDRs are poison. Just cherish the perfect memory, and make her the standard by which all others are judged.

You were lucky to have met the perfect girl. Don't push it.