+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Very Strange...

Very Strange...

I might be wrong, but it seems to me my friend is acting weird.

I've noticed that she avoids looking at me, even when she talks to me and not another person at the moment. She might be 15 feet away sitting and talking; she always faces sideways, or away, and doesn't look at me even if I'm the only one she talks to. Every now and then she would look at me once, and then right away look away - I can't exactly explain it.
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia"

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Some people are uncomfortable with eye contact. It can be very intimate, you know.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I don't think she does that with other people
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMalkovich
    I don't think she does that with other people

That may be because she has a thing for you. I tend to find myself alright with eye contact when it's just me and a buddy of mine, or me and some stranger, or whatever. But sometimes if I'm talking to some girl I'm into, I tend to break eye contact more often. Not sure if it's because subconsciously I think she'll get the feeling I'm staring (in other words, I'm overanalyzing it when in reality she logically probably wouldn't notice anything out of the ordinary).

Anyway, yeah, it's possible she's interested in you and the lack of eye contact is a manifestation of shyness.

hmn...she has a boyfriend

Have you been hitting on her?

LOL...no....

What Roger said makes sense, yet I've known her for 3 years now - we've had less contact than what you are probably thinking knowing her 3 years and all, but still. I don't know, it strikes me as odd. She's done it for a while now, for me to notice something like that...who knows when it started. The other thing I can think of - she probably thinks I'm hideous and just can't look at me...rofl.
    Last edited by JohnMalkovich; 02-04-06 at 11:32 AM.

It's hard to say. Ask her!

I did actually. I'm very straightforward with her and tell her how it is. She likes to be sarcastic with me. One time we were talking - it was about 2 months ago - and it was so weird to me that she did that (the not looking thing). So I said, "Look at me..... Why won't you look at me?" And she said something like "I don't want to" or something like that, I don't even remember, but I didn't get any explanation, but that that's the way she is something like that I don't remember the details at all. But she looks at her brother fine, and I've noticed her have no problem looking at other guys when she talks to them.

And honestly, I don't think she would tell me, if she did that because she likes me. Would you?
    Last edited by JohnMalkovich; 03-04-06 at 02:13 AM.

i doubt it man. alot of girls don't have alot of self-esteem and they might be afraid u don't like them back so they keep it to themselves cuz they don't want to get hurt. it sux cuz sometimes when u like a girl and they like u back they're too scared to tell u so nothin ever happens. does she act like a self-conscious person, like she is kinda quiet or she's always worrying about how she looks or talking about how fat she is. cuz if she does then she might just be afraid to tell u cuz she don't think she's good enough.

She is a beautiful girl. I don't see how she could have any self-esteem issues. She is not fat at all - just right.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL - self esteem is not related to confidence in your appearance. It has to do with how you value yourself as a person on the inside.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

well i have met beautiful girls who weigh about 80 pounds and they still think their fat so it depends on how she looks at herself.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    LOL - self esteem is not related to confidence in your appearance.

Sure it is.

Maybe what you meant to say was "self-esteem is not solely dependent upon confidence in your appearance", because confidence in one's appearance can (and usually does) STRONGLY influence his or her self-esteem. That being said, this is only one factor that comprises self-esteem, along with many others, including how you "value yourself as a person on the inside."

well, if she has self-esteem problems, it doesn't seem to affect her with other guys.
    Last edited by JohnMalkovich; 03-04-06 at 04:48 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast