+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does my girlfriend have an overattachment to her parents?

Does my girlfriend have an overattachment to her parents?

Ok recently my gf's dad has moved to another state and this is the first time she cant see him on a everyday basis. She is 19. But her Dad still comes home every weekend to the old house to spend the weekened there and be home. She cant go without seeing him for every week. She sees him every saturday and sunday and its like I am getting kind of upset because I feel she is way over-clingy.

Recently her dad is taking this trip to florida around July for a week and shes going with him. She told me "when im older i dont want to regret not spending time with my dad"

So am I wrong to be upset here that Im just going to sit here waiting for her to return? I mean shes 19..isnt it time to leave the damn nest? She claims shes not dependent or over-clingy to her dad but Im seeing the complete opposite.

Frankly, i would never go with my parents, or friends for that matter, to another state for a week without her. Does this maybe show lack of love in the relationship? I dont know im pretty lost here. Please help. Thanks.

Wow; your an ass. Like her for who she is or move on. Why does everyone have to do things your way?
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Dont you think she sounds like she has an over-attachment? I mean her dad calls her EVERYDAY, usually twice a day when hes gone to his other state. I just feel Im dating a 10 year old sometimes.

You have a daddy's girl; take it or leave it.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by bhentges
    Dont you think she sounds like she has an over-attachment? I mean her dad calls her EVERYDAY, usually twice a day when hes gone to his other state. I just feel Im dating a 10 year old sometimes.

There is nothing wrong to be close to your parents, she seems liek she has a really good relationship with her father, and honesly the only thing that would be wrong, woudl be if there was like sexual overtone to the whole thing, which it doesn't seem like. In short no there is nothing wrong with her
    And since you know you cannot see yourself,
    so well as by reflection, I, your glass,
    will modestly discover to yourself,
    that of yourself which you yet know not of.

It's hard enough to find kids these days who actually know their parents, let alone like them.

Have your slice of humble pie before Daddy gives her a gem of advice along the lines of kicking your butt to the curb.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

King Zarathu Guest
    Sounds like a daddy's girl. I hate those, my sister is one and it pisses me off like no other. I can relate.

Run while you can soldier, or you'll be gone forever.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ahh ... I am seeing a pattern to your posts/threads. You really ought to stop competing with your girlfriend's parents. It does not reflect well on your level of maturity.
    Last edited by vashti; 11-04-06 at 11:17 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?