+ Follow This Topic

Thread: next step help

next step help

Im really interested in a chic at my Uni.

But i dont know how to progress to next step.

best i can do is give you all some minor background

We are very friendly but not friends

Ive managed to get her phone number (she actually asked for mine first)

Ive met her ouside of Uni once, study session

When we are together we talk and talk, and flirt (least i do) im quite sure she is aswell. Ive noticed things like wandering eyes, the long stares, touncing, sitting close.

she also mentioned her birthday party to me on three occasions. (i feel like i was invited 2 of the times, but it was very vague) no exact details. And its in 3 days so i would have thought id been told deffinately about it by now. I sms'd her this morning wishing happy birthday, and she mentioned whats she was doing for her party, but no invite

She has a boyfriend, but doesnt talk about him. She mentioned him once but it seemed kinda forced when she said it. (as in she wasnt gonna say it, but decided to) ( i beleive he lives about 4 hours drive away)

We are currently in a 3 week break, Ive managed to see her the once in the first week (study) but thats it. Ive rung and sms'd her once since then but dont want to ring an ring and ring, and annoy her. She talked about meeting up middle of next week to study again.

we dont have the best phone conversations, very very short (like 2 min), if i could id talk for hours, but she seems to try and end i really quick.

What do i do?

I find it quite hard to play the waiting game, waiting for a call, but then i dont want to look desperate.

Im not a very confident person. By that i mean, i seem to see the negative side of everything. Could be a list of 20 positive things saying she is interested and 1 negative, and that 1 negative will destroy all my confidence and put the doubt in my mind. Most times the negative things are something really minor.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Try to go out with her and tell her about your feelings, ask what she feels, etc..

You can listen to Daisy; but at the same time you have to respect her current relationship.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

I was thinking about asking her a few questions about the boyfriend situation and depending on her reply, (ie if she doesnt yell to the hills about their love) telling her i was just checking cos i was gonna see if she wanted to hang out, but didnt want to intrude on a pre existing relationship.

that way i was thinking it shows im interested without spilling my feelings and looking desperate.

(oh i must apologise for my first longwinded post) got a little overexcited

also i decided not to contact her until she contacts me, (plus due to work cant go to party anymore anyway) so if the above area goes well i was thinking i could offer to take her for a private few birthday drinks