+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Im back.....

Im back.....

This is the first time i have used the board for probly about 10 months, and its nice to see some changes!
    Dont know if anyone remembers me from last time, I was in a bad way and spent most of my time in the 'Dumping Forum' . . . not a lot has happened since last year in Love terms since then, its all been a bit numb, but its starting to. And now i find myself back again in search of advice and an instant fix (joke) to help me find love and ultimately happiness i guess which is why we're all here isn't it!!

So anyway, my situation, just a quick one to start the ball rolling.
    I've been surrounded by couples lately, all my friends are in relationships and whilst i get on with their respective partners very well . . .the shameless displays of public affection were beginning to get to me. So i thought the hell with it and went to a club on my own for the first time . . . a move a highly recommend for anyone who has trouble meeting people in general

Anyway, i meet this girl, we hit it off. But she lives 150 miles away. This was last week, i tell her a particular club im going to this week but then for one reason or another decide to go visit my folks instead (60 miles opposite direction). Just as im on the train, she phones and tells me shes in my city and is going to this club.

What i want to know is:
    1) Can this be coincidence, or is it likely she came just to see me. (bear in mind this club is legendary and was a particularly good night.)
    2) I know on the whole its bad that i wasnt there, but could it have good effects, somehow makes her more keen for some reason.

Any comments, gladly appreciated.

Welcome Back!
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

Thanks Blue, just reading your signature . . a lifetime to forget someone - your not wrong there!!
    Any thoughts on my evenings predicament?

hi dear
    well why don't you give it a try and see, she must be interested for sure to come all down there to the same club you ssaid you where going to.
    anyway that's my opinion give it a try you never know

Yeah well, i thought when she said she was coming she was interested, but being a bit insecure i wasnt 100%!! but the thing was theres no way i could make it back to the club. I wondered if there was any way this might make her more keen?

She phones me a bit ago sayin she couldnt get in (i even said id call my housemates and that she could stay at mine if she was having real problems despite me not being there). Anyway turns out shes come down with another guy...oh well. You live and learn.

true, life is unpredictable. we just have to go with the flow without going back in the past too much

Quote Originally Posted by jay12
    Anyway turns out shes come down with another guy...oh well. You live and learn.
    Not necessarily poison, but it doesn't look good.

Is this your first foray out into Datingland since the breakup last year? (which I don't know about, btw; I wasn't here)