+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Birth Control

Birth Control

Ladies, this one's mostly for you...

I started BC pills a little over two months ago and have recently become depressed and exhausted. That is not like me at all! I don't know if it is because of the pill or because of the stress in my life. I'm a full time student taking some tough courses, I work anywhere from 16-32 hours a week, I am in trouble financially, and am having a "falling out" with my roommates. But, I have been in tougher situations than this before and maintained my motivation and positive outlook on life. The last month and a half, however, have been miserable for me. I have been so emotional and easily frustrated. I know two months on the pill is not very long, but do you think I should stop taking it or should I give it a little more time?

I've never been on BC, but I know a lot of people who have, and I've heard similar things from a few of them. I'd hate to blame the pill if there's a real problem, but sadly I think it's pretty common. Don't add the stress of depression caused by BC to your life - talk to your doctor and see if you can find another pill.

I'm a guy, but I do know that you'll probably have to try a few different brands of bc before you find a good match for you. My gf tried 2 or 3 before she used the one she's been using for the last 3-4 years.
    I'm drowning in assholes.

Any time you take something that has to do with your hormones, you can have negative effects. Birth control pills, for example, are also well known to negatively impact sex drive.

As Debunkt says, ask for a different prescription; it may help.

What you need isn't birth control. You need abstinence. If you aren't married than you aren't supposed to be having sex any way.

huh did carp just say this?

Quote Originally Posted by Late_vamp
    huh did carp just say this?
    Just ignore him. He's stoned as a bat.