+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What do you think of Indian Guys?

What do you think of Indian Guys?

hi there,

this is prob not one of those typical dating threads i am about to start.

i would like to know where indian guys stand in the western dating scene. i've grown up in this western environment now, and would like to know which basket to put the eggs in (metaphorically speaking).

girls, what is your opinion of indian guys? if you are asian or white do you see yourself in a relationship with an indian guy? and if you are an indian girl, what are your thoughts on it.

my reasons for asking are simply objective, fuelled by personal experiences ofcourse. i've grown up now in the western world, and fell for this girl. i told her how i felt, and we ended up becoming really good friends, or was it more than friends? I am not sure. it was never clearly defined, cuz she was never honest about her feelings. years of that and now she is dating some white guy. please don't get me wrong, i am not being racist or anything, just trying to gain some clarity.

and its not that i don't like indian or dark coloured girls either, its not that. i interact with everyone from every background everyday, and if there is this 'unspoken rule' then at least i can control who i fall for. cuz i am looking for something real and wouldn't want to unnecessarily wear my heart on the sleeve all over again.

so hence i question you. I am feeling quite awkward asking this actually. But it would be easier to discuss this online I think. So guys/girls, don’t hold back, give me the truth, the whole truth.
    Last edited by dreamer101; 23-04-06 at 10:50 PM.

I personally like Indian men, but this is an individual thing. If there is some sort of unspoken rule, I have not heard it.

That being said, I think you will find a lot more acceptance in larger cities or college towns than you would in some little red neck town.

Indian men disgust me. The whole concept of being indian (indian-indian not Native-American "indian") is bad. I lived in Asia and by far the most stinky ethnic group were the Indians. Singaporeans knew never to ride on a buss through little india because it would stink really bad (like body oderant) I found out that they are actually shower enough but they stink because they hang there shirt after work over a radiator and it impregnates the BO into their shirt so they stink the next day and the day after too. In certain areas of the hygiene department they are lacking.

In india they also do all kinds of gross shit like going to the river to that they all bathe in their, that has septic lines going into it. They bathe in some their last week's lunch. thats ****ing gross.

But hey,to each their own, good luck with them!

what's wrong with you carpfoulder he was bron and raised in western countryes, and also not everyone is the same have you been there to judge what people said about them.
    i personaly like some indian guys, i love the indian movies they make me cry when i need it.

Hola to everyone that replied and thank you for replying.

Shh! I appreciate your honesty. I am infact in a large city, and having lived in small towns too, I have never had any huge problems with acceptance, but my recent experience, one that was too close to *points to the chest*, have made me question these things.

carpflounder, again thank you for your honesty. haha funny, i've been to little india, never noticed a smell. besides isn't it always hot in singapore, why would anyone use a radiator? i assume you are referring to hot water heater. oh and bathing in the river thing .. thats religious. how clean that is, I am not sure, but I would say don't beleive everything you see on TV mate.

Confused01, then you prob know more about bollywood than i do. and i agree with you, not everyone is the same, everyone writes then own gospel of individualism. one correction though, i wasn't born and raised in western culture rather raised 50/50 in east/west. hence i have two baskets of culture and not sure which one has the better claim.

I find Indian guys attractive, but I perceive them as being so family-oriented they can't make any decisions for themselves. Every time you turn around it's "my brother this" or "my sister's boyfriend's auntie's brother-in-law that".

I'm too selfish and demanding to date an Indian man.

Thanks for saying that I am 'desperate' and to grow up! But I am here to look for advise, not to have personal attack~ Anyway, in reference to your post, it really depends on who it is? I mean, personally I have a few indian close friends, who are brilliant people, like yourself (brought up in the western culture). And we hang out all the time, and plus THEY DONT ALL STINK! (carpflounder). At the end of the day, they are just human being with thoughts and feelings... and yet to me: indians are generally good people...loyal to their women and full of respect. For me, I probably will only ever date an indian guy who is brought up in the western culture, or else it is just way too hard to communicate.

i m sorry, it wasn't a personal attack. i don't even know you so i have no reason to attack you. my comments were entirely in the light of your situation and your behviour towards that siutations and an entire attempt to benefit you. ok yes i could have left the sickening part out. but i generalised based on what i know and have seen and it does to some degree sicken me. but entirely irrelevant i admit.
    oh and thanks for your comments here. much appreciated.
    ..the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best ..

-- Henry Van Dyke