+ Follow This Topic

Thread: !!!!rejected but with hope!!!!

!!!!rejected but with hope!!!!

ok here is what's going on:
    well as most of you know that i like my friend and classmate and i sent him email with my feelings and that i wanted more than friendship, so he answer me back after '4days saying that he treasure our friendship and doesn't want to loose me because long distant relationship don't last bla bla bla, and he wanted to keep in touch very often
    so of course i had to answer him back right!!!
    i just said i'm gla dto know his decision so i can move on without doubt or anything.
    now he sends me emails almost everyday. telling me about his day, and with nothing else (i mean no flirting no feelings just friends)
    he just rejected me and sends e email everyday i feel like he is giving me kind of hope that something might happen when he comes back.
    i know i shouldn't answer him back, but i feel it's rude not to answer someone, specialy that i respect him a lot, and i can't not see his email and not answer.

any comments or a ideas

Tone Guest
    Hey same thing happened to me once.

I asked this girl I worked with out and she said yes at first, but then told me she has too many issues to workout with her ex boyfriend and didn't want to drag me through that.. so I thought that was that but then she would e-mail me at work every single damn day.

Some people just like having that attention, and the feelin of being "wanted" and don't even really take the time to consider the other person and all the mixed signals they may be interpreting.

What Tone said..

Tone hit the nail on the head. Confused I am learning a lot about the people in this world around me. One thing I have learned is that most people are not interested in being your friend and being real. Many people prefer to have surface-level relationships with a slew of acquantances rather than have a few relationships of substance.

I think it is sad that you are have hope for this guy, its obvious that he is just toying with you.

You'll learn.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by carpflounder
    One thing I have learned is that most people are not interested in being your friend and being real. Many people prefer to have surface-level relationships with a slew of acquantances rather than have a few relationships of substance.
    So true, so true.

i see,he deosn't look or seem the type of person who does such a thing, he is very accomplished in his life and i know a lot of girl in my class liked him and arround the school too, there is this girl who told him i love you in the face but he didn't take advantage of her she even offered while we all where talking about life and relationships and he montioned at the time he didn't have a gf for at leats 2years means no sexuelle contact for over TWOyears and how he misses that, she just said spontaniously lets do it. he isn't the type of person who takes advantage of anyone. i don't know. i'm going to try not to email him for maybe a week, to see if he is going to email me, by then or not?

Quote Originally Posted by confused01
    i'm going to try not to email him for maybe a week, to see if he is going to email me, by then or not?
    You have to try to not email someone???????

carpflounder is right.
    Move on,honey. I think the guy dosen't have the same feelings.
    I reply to someone as soon as I get email but it doesn't mean I have a crush on him. Just try being nice to him.

Guys are really afraid of hurting girls.Don't you know?

confused01-------If you guys are just friends, e-mail him once in awhile, if there's something really important to say. No need to e-mail every last waking detail.

Carpflounder-----"Many people prefer to have surface-level relationships..."

What you've said is so true, and so sad. I realise people just want to hang out for the good times. Discuss light topics, talk about fun stuff, general stuff. People don't want to dig deep and get involved in the nitty gritty details and problems that go on in your life. They want the bright sunny superficial type of friendship.

Anything more than that requires effort, and most people don't have the time nor the patience to deal with that. I generalise, but it just seems to be the case.

WELL HE SAYS HE WANTS TO BE JUST FRIENDS, and before never used to check his emails or even send anyone anny email, and now he apparently sends me emails everyday, about what he did in his day, and work and stuff, nothing else, also one thing on the week end i left my msn on, i have had his email added for over a year, apparently he just logged in on the week end, and never before, can you believe it. so that's why i'm confused. but starting from yesterday i stopped the emailing him back, so will see!!!

well,I hope everything's be alright.

T H A N K Y O U S E R E N E M E L O D Y

i think i still have feelings for him, but i'm trying my best to keep me away from him(emails) my last email was so cold and dry, even though i wished i can write more, i had to send him an email back but it was the most shorter email i ever sent to someone. and he didn't email me back either. i know his is too busy to even answer anyone and he did answer me so that's why i kind of had hopes. anyway i'm trying my best to move on.
    Last edited by confused01; 20-04-06 at 02:17 PM.

btw Confused, how do u know that he never checked his emails or send anyone any message before?

well long time ago me and some of the classmate sent him emails because he disapeared for quite longtime, and phone thing is not that common between, us. when he came back i asked him did you get my email, he says ho sorry i didn't check my email, and i usually don't check my account very often. and again another time same thing, also the fact that i have added him more than a year ago in my msn, and it was still just an email address, measn i wasn't added yet to the list= he doesn't check his msn messenger either. i was added this week end while i left my msn on and went out.
    that's how i know he doesn't check emails or log in at all. and now it's almost everyday