+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I might have a chance!

I might have a chance!

There's a girl I've known from one of my classes since January. I had gone right up to her and introduced myself, and we talked at length right away. We've talked more since then, and this past Tuesday we spent four hours alone together. We were studying for an exam, but we spent most of the time just talking and enjoying each other. Next time I'm with her semi-privately or privately, I plan to kiss her. Here are the positive signs I've seen between us thus far:

- Whenever we talk there's a lot of steady eye contact, and lately I've noticed her head tilted to the side more, and does more with her hair

- One day awhile back when I ran into her, I told her I was sick, and she exclaimed, "no kisses then!"

- She's very intellectually stimulating to talk with

- On Tuesday, we sat quite close to each other, and when we were talking about some personal stuff she said I'm a caring person that she enjoys hanging out with

- When we parted that day, she gave me a long hug, and she hugged me one other time

- Shortly before parting, she had put on some nice-smelling lip gloss

- Last time we talked on MSN, which was that night, she used "xoxo" at the end

- Wednesday on the phone, she told me to call her again soon

I think the time is right. I'm thinking of just putting my arms around her and giving her one with lips slightly open.

I know this sounds like a no-brainer to some, but this is my first time, and I'm nervous!

King Zarathu Guest
    Hey! If everything you've said is true without exaggeration and this girl isn't the type of person that does this to everybody (or everything that breathes), sounds like you've got some game to hunt for buddy!

Although, I advise you to take things a little slowly. Have you asked her out to a movie yet? Have you gone out at all? If not, kissing isn't the A+ thing to do just yet.

From personal experience, I can tell you that the first date is NOT the time to kiss. It isn't that the chances of you getting rejected are high, but for about 10-15 reasons that I'm simply too lazy to type.

I've become such a fat bitch...

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu
    Hey! If everything you've said is true without exaggeration and this girl isn't the type of person that does this to everybody (or everything that breathes), sounds like you've got some game to hunt for buddy!

Although, I advise you to take things a little slowly. Have you asked her out to a movie yet? Have you gone out at all? If not, kissing isn't the A+ thing to do just yet.

From personal experience, I can tell you that the first date is NOT the time to kiss. It isn't that the chances of you getting rejected are high, but for about 10-15 reasons that I'm simply too lazy to type.

I've become such a fat bitch...
    I should mention that she also asked me what kinds of movies I like. I went to her house once a couple weeks back, and our "studying" earlier this week was more so spending time together and talking on the grass, sharing a drink, and talking in a confrence room in the library. To me, it doesn't matter where you go, whether you "stay in" or "go out", but that you're spending time together. And she told me to call her if I didn't see her the rest of the week (I did last night but she was working; she works long, late hours most nights), instead of just saying "have a good summer!", so I know she wants to pursue something. What, I don't know. Kissing might be a good way to test the waters - just a simple, five-second one on the lips with us holding hands, when we part.

Before I get to that stage though, I'll touch her hand and see if she links on.

King Zarathu Guest
    Excellent idea, sounds like you've got somethin goin' my man.

Yeah, I would touch her hand one date, kiss another. Don't do the two in the same one. Also, don't do anything unless you are prepared to be rejected. Rejection isn't something you should get used to, per se, but it is definitely something you cannot let emotionally destroy you.

I'm working on that, actually. Best of luck to you.

Well, you are most likely correct in your assumption, but something similar happened to me with a girl a liked A LOT, and I was incorrect. I didn't try to kiss her, I told her that I liked her as more than a friend though and she didn't feel the same. Just a warning, in case this is an issue: once you make a move, you can't go back, and the friendship is gone. It's either more than friends or nothing at all after that point. Trust me, I know... unfortunately for me it was the latter...

Quote Originally Posted by anakin8823
    Well, you are most likely correct in your assumption, but something similar happened to me with a girl a liked A LOT, and I was incorrect. I didn't try to kiss her, I told her that I liked her as more than a friend though and she didn't feel the same. Just a warning, in case this is an issue: once you make a move, you can't go back, and the friendship is gone. It's either more than friends or nothing at all after that point. Trust me, I know... unfortunately for me it was the latter...
    But if you are friends at first, I don't see anything wrong with emphasizing that you would like to be friends if there isn't going to be a romantic relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by hava nagila
    But if you are friends at first, I don't see anything wrong with emphasizing that you would like to be friends if there isn't going to be a romantic relationship.
    That may work in most cases, but it didn't work in mine...

King Zarathu Guest
    Don't get your hopes down, but don't get your hopes up either Remember, if your expectations are low enough, the only thing that can happen is better than what you expected. Oh I'm so good...