+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: to girls, what do you do to loose wait

to girls, what do you do to loose wait

i started gaining wait since 16 and since then i gain little every year and i try to loose it but it's kind of hard, special that now i'm in my middle 20s mean i'm kind of fat, but yet not too much still have a good posture, i just need to loose a little bit (stomach, and hips) the rest i don't mind it too much. even though i used to have a perfect body as everyone used to expect me to be something like a model( i don't want to have that kind of body but just a decent one)
    so what do you recommande, well i like swimming in sports, and eating i like meat, yes you heard meat yum, ice cream, and choclate, i don't eat that much veggies, or rice, but i eat bread.
    i know i need to change my eating habbits, but i think if you have a special diet? or just opinion i'll be happy to hear it
    thanks girls

Ok well im no woman but I got free time. Well I used to have the same eating habbits and one day I just woke up and was like.... omg im fat now.... so I decided to change my eating habbits. In all truth I dont work out to much, just a little bit at night like 20-30 minuts and I started to most importantly change the eating habbit. Basically you have to force yourself to not eat all the unhealthy stuff, dont do what I see sometimes people doing either like caveing in at special events and saying "o well its one night it cant hurt" truth be it does. I just at first started eating alot of yogart and drinking more water. Then I found that I enjoy things like bread foods, big salads with some meat added in to not much but some to add flavor, yogart, cereials that are non sugar, and anything else that i deem healthy lol. Good part of this is now that I havent eaten unhealthy for a few months now I like the healthy food and dont like eating sugars alot any more. It may seem tough at first but it actualy gets realy easy if you stick to a healthy life style for just a little while pretty soon it all comes natural. I started as 160 something being 6 tall and 16. Now im in 140's and dont realy care to go down to much becouse I hope to build more muscle now.

Good luck anyways, im sure you can do it with good willpower.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    First of all, I would like to say (to all the girls out there) do not expect to have the same body you did in high school! It's never going to happen!

Exercise and diet is the only thing that's going to help my dear. Lots of water (and not fruit juice or pop - WATER), lean meats, lots of green veggies, fruits, and whole grains (no white bread - multigrain is best). It's ok to have ice cream and chocolate once in awhile, if you are eating the other good stuff. Also need to be getting some cardio at least 3 or four times a week. Keep some dumbbells at home to work out with while you watch tv.

'Special diets' do not work, neither does eating less. Your best strategy is to eat six small meals a day to keep your metabolism up. If you eat one big meal and then don't eat anything for a long time after, your blood sugar crashes and so does your metabolism and it starts storing everything as fat...
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Tone Guest
    ^^^ Listen to her, she got a bangin body, she know what she talkin about.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyYouGuy
    I started as 160 something being 6 tall and 16. Now im in 140's and dont realy care to go down to much becouse I hope to build more muscle now.
    I think 6'0 160 is actually consider underweight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Yeah. TOTALLY.

I think 6'0 160 is actually consider underweight.
    I'm 6'3", and 165.... and I am SKINNY. So, yeah.... you wern't fat dude.

King Zarathu Guest
    Shit.. I'm 6'3" 165 too. How ironic.

Lol well its probly that im used to being skinny. Trust me im not overworrying, im one of those people who dont give a damb what people think. I had a belly and had lost the muscle I once had so im trying to get that back for myself.

Yeah my normal body that im getting back to is skinny and I like that way.
    Last edited by HeyYouGuy; 26-04-06 at 07:19 AM.

Fad diets almost never work, however I think it is important to manipulate your diet based on your wieght. Eating several small meals is alos a great idea cuz it prevents severe hunger pangs and keeps your metabolism stabalized. I've also found thta avoiding processed foods is a great way to stay away from useless calories....plus the chemicals in them are just horrible for you. If you really liek something eat it in moderation, don't stop urself from eating it...unless you crave it 24/7 plus try eating slowly in a small plate and using a small spoon...this makes it so you don't overeat. If you must eat meat, grill it, or bake it avoid frying and eat leaner meats, plus couple them with lots of veggies and try....plus a lil tip that works amazing, eat a lil bit of fat 30 min before a meal it will keep you from eating a lot. Like a piece of bread with some olive oil or a lil bit of butter on it or a small piece of cheese. Don't be afraid of fats but eat healthy fats, fats are really important, but pick olive oil over butter, and remember that things don't have to have "fat" in them your body can synthesize fat and it does from excess sugars you consume. So when something says fat free check the sugar and carb content too. A fun way to get fruits and veggies is through, smoothies and salads(where you can also add meat!) A good way to get the full benifit of fruits an veggies, is make your salads as colorful as possible....most veggies with diff colors have diff wonderful things to offer. And to make all your food control worth it work out..it'll make you happy more energized and give you something to show off on teh beach...a great body!
    And since you know you cannot see yourself,
    so well as by reflection, I, your glass,
    will modestly discover to yourself,
    that of yourself which you yet know not of.

Maybe I can help; I just started trying to lose a few pounds myself.
    You need to eat about six small meals a day. Like pixiedust says, it prevents hunger and keeps your blood sugar level, as well as boost your metabolism. Eating less actually causes you to store fat your body wants to horde what food it does get.
    You should have about 3 servings of fruit, one citrus; 4 of vegetables, about 3-4 of grains (whole wheat bread, pasta etc), 3 of dairy products, and 3 servings of proteing (that can be lean meat, nuts, or beans + rice = one complete protein.
    Trust me you'll feel like you're eating all the time, only remember that one serving of meat is about 3 ounces.
    You cant just target fat around the thighs, believe me I would love to. You have to avoid junk food and refined sugar, and like Pixiedust said processed foods with empty calories and lots of sodium. Each day if you walk for 30 minutes, moving your arms and going at a brisk steady pace, you'll see a difference. You can also put in cardio and abs 3 times a week or so with days between to let your muscles rest.
    Build muscle, and you will burn more calories. Muscle tissue requires more energy than fat, even if you're just sitting still! So building muscle can help you get rid of that body fat. Good luck. I have seen pretty good results so far. Also give up beer, I estimated I'm saving 3000 calories/week by not drinking beer and drinking wine occassionally instead.

thanks a lot for your advices guys, i'll start from next week to organize my eating habbit. wish me luck
    by the way i don't drink alcohol at all, never did and never will.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You might consider joining some program in which they weigh you every week (Weight Watchers?). It is too easy to fall off your program when there is no one to be accountable to.
    Last edited by vashti; 27-04-06 at 11:50 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

My uncle lost 85lbs by switching from regular soda to diet. Didn't change anything else in his diet.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    In reality, no one should be drinking soda at ALL, it has absolutely no nutritional value, and it's almost pure sugar.......it contributes to a large percentage of diabetes in North America. I rarely drink the stuff, and if I do, it's not even half a glass.

Youre too sweet. Or horny. Whichever is ok by me.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer
    In reality, no one should be drinking soda at ALL, it has absolutely no nutritional value, and it's almost pure sugar.
    Soda is evil. And look out for some "fruit" juices... they can be just as bad as soda sometimes (think Hawaiin punch).

Whatever you do, don't do Atkins. Fad diets often help you lose weight, but are hard on the rest of your body.

Just think, the healthier you eat and live, the longer and more pleasurably you do so. You also don't get as many wrinkles. Unless you go tanning. Then there's no way to avoid the wrinkles. Well, besides not going tanning. I'll stop rambling now.

Quote Originally Posted by meguin

Whatever you do, don't do Atkins. Fad diets often help you lose weight, but are hard on the rest of your body.
    Agreed. Someday we'll hear about how everyone who did that diet lost the sheathing on their neurons or some crap like that.

Confused, I want to share the best thing I ever learned about dieting, and I learned it from a guy. Don't eat after dark and get lots of sleep. Your metabolism slows down later in the day. You should eat your 6 little meals earlier rather than later.

Also, I've found that exercise gets boring. If you do something really different that engages you with other people, it will be less so. I've found that kickboxing is great (real kickboxing- not an aerobics class).

And there's nothing for firming up your ass like running a couple of miles a day. Nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast