+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Experience

Experience

Girls, I have no experience at dating and I want to get more, but I don't know how to go about it. (I'm 18 btw). Are most girls patient with an unexperienced guy? Or is it annoying? Any tips for asking girls out, etc? I've been on a few casual dates with one girl and that's it.

I'd say, first of all, don't have the wrong attitude about it. There's a fine line between dating for fun with no expectations, and dating for "practice" for when you find the right girl. Firstly, remember that while a proactive approach is good, since it is a "numbers game", don't just go asking girls out because you feel like you have to.
    As far as how patient girls are, it really depends on the girl, but don't be too nervous about being inexperienced. A lot of girls will feel special about being your first kiss, first date, whatever. A friend of mine just started dating a guy, and she was his first kiss - she had kissed MANY guys before him. I guess just try to take their advice, especially if they are more experienced than you, they will probably try to help you along to do things they enjoy.
    As for asking girls out, I think one of the biggest turn-offs is awkwardness. I know that's hard to avoid if you're nervous, but just try not to make a big event of it. Ask about a specific time - none of this "do you wanna go out sometime?" nonsense unless you're pretty sure she likes you - so that it doesn't put her in an awkward situation. The other advantage of keeping it low-key is that you don't set up big expectations for the date. If you casually ask the girl "Are you free Friday night for a movie/dinner/whatever?" then you can kind of guage her interest by her response ("oh yeah, I'd love to!" vs "Umm - I think I'm busy, but I'll check..." vs "Sorry, I've got plans... bye!")

I had more experience than the guy I'm dating now, yet he seems to be much better at the whole dating thing than me. And I'm willing to be that a lot of girls out there will be just as nervous/inexperienced about dating as you.

And on asking a girl out; be ready to go with the flow and to adapt to the situation. Theres nothing worse than asking someone out, and hearing a response you completely didn't expect and then getting all tongue tied since it doesn't fit your nicely scripted plan that you probably rehearsed in front of the mirror about an hour earlier.

Thanks For the great advice will try and remember some of this for the next time! Chears

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I was the first girl my bf dated when he was 18, and I thought it was cute because he did all sorts of sweet stuff that 'experienced' guys don't seem to do. He also didn't pressure me for sex, cuz he was so scared to do it for the first time.

I think girls are pretty patient with an 'inexperienced' guy your age. Now, if you were 25, that might be a different story. Anyways, just take it easy, be yourself, don't expect to be perfect. IF you want to ask someone out, just make it sound nice and casual.......ask what she's doing on a certain day, and suggest getting together to do something. It's pretty harmless, and since you haven't come right out and say "Hey, you wanna go on a date with me?" she won't feel uncomfortable. Good luck. Just go for it, the worst thing that could happen is she says no.......and that's really no big deal.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi