+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm in a bad situation

CloudyBay Guest

I'm in a bad situation

Hi everyone.

New member here.

As the subject says, I'm in a *bad* situation.

I got a job from a single guy last year and things were great. I liked him and I thought he liked me.
    Anyway, one thing came to another and we ended up hitting things off and it got quiet intimate.
    I found out a few months later that he found some other woman and was shaggin' around with her from right under my nose.
    I felt cheap, used and mislead. I hated him for what he did.
    Problem is I still work for him (cheap rent in a nice house) and the job itself is pretty good.
    Things between him and I are at boiling point and I doubt his new woman knows the truth.
    I've tried my best to rectify the situation and resolve the issues by speaking nicely to him and explaining everything and apologised for my actions and attitude. He has said nothing and ignores the fact that he did wrong.

What should I do?

I don't want to leave the job although I know I may have to. Thats an absolute last resort for me.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you should try to divorce yourself emotionally from the situation if you want to keep this job, and chalk it up to a lesson learned (that being you should be very cautious about sleeping with people you work with).

If you cannot distance yourself emotionally, you will need to find a new job.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    I think you should try to divorce yourself emotionally from the situation if you want to keep this job, and chalk it up to a lesson learned (that being you should be very cautious about sleeping with people you work with).

If you cannot distance yourself emotionally, you will need to find a new job.

If i knew how to give rep... ide give it to you .

The only other choice is to find another job???

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyYouGuy
    If i knew how to give rep... ide give it to you .
    Ha! Thanks for the thought. If/when you feel the desire, you just click on the little black and white ying/yang thing in the top right corner of each box - next to the yellow triangle.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

One more to go and you got 50 rep .

You're in a really awkward position- do I understand that he's somehow in control of your housing as well as your employment? That's not a good place to be, since he's a proven liar and sleaze.

1. Get a little voodoo doll and start sticking pins into it to relieve emotional pressure

2. Come to terms with the fact that while it's a good job, it's only a job. You can get another one. It doesn't mean you have to quit- it just means you'll be ready to deal with it if he sacks you suddenly.

3. Resist the impulse to tell New Girl about him until you're no longer at his mercy. Yes, he's a shit, but warning the women of the world about him isn't actually your responsibility.