+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Never to love?

Never to love?

My ex-girlfriend claims that she will never love. She claims that she will never love anyone.

My questions is, when someone pretty young says this, do you think she:
    A. Has yet to experience love so she thinks she'll never love
    or
    B. Isn't old enough to love anyone yet, but when they are older they will start to experience love

I'm asking this because I'm wondering if there is any chance that my ex-girlfriend will decide she does love me and wants to get back together. We dated for a while and it was on and off because she didn't know what she wanted. And she decided we should break up because she knew I would get hurt and she didn't love me.

And yes, she does really think she will never love anyone, she isn't just saying it to make me feel better.

So what do you think?

Thanks.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If that's truly what she thinks, it's better to leave her be, my friend.

Maybe she's had some sort of experience that's caused her to become a little jaded, and her feelings may change over time. However, this does not mean she'll ever feel love for YOU, and I hope you won't be wasting your time waiting around for that to happen.

Do yourself a favour and move on. I think you know deep down that this isn't going to work out for the two of you.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Yes...I know... I still have hope though. But no, I'm not going to sit around and wait for her. If I find someone else then I find someone else, and if I don't, I don't. I'll just see where life takes me.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yep, that's the best idea. If things are meant to work out, they will. And if you were meant to meet someone else and be happier, then don't be afraid to let that happen.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Sorry to be so blunt but I think she hasn't found love yet and if she didn't find it in you yet she never will. Don't hold on to the hope that one day she will love you because most likely she won't. Sorry.

She's broken. She sounds like a drama queen.

Yeah, she's got issues she needs to work out on her own before you come anywhere near her. Let her go and figure herself out. Don't put yourself on hold for her.

Chances are, one day she'll wise up. If you were indeed "the one" for her, trust me, she'll track you down!

Well, we are still friends and I talk to her sometimes. Also, I'm friends with her brother so I see her.

She won't be totally out of my life. I'll try my best to move on and find someone else. But theres always a chance she'll be ready for a relationship when she is older and maybe it will be me. But I understand that I shouldn't wait for her, and I won't...