+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to avoid attachment?

How to avoid attachment?

Seeing this girl
    She sleeps over and so on, but we both decided we don't want a relationship.

We are free to do what we want, we are just friends but have bonuses.

I want to know what I can do to stop me from getting feelings for her, or getting attached to her?

Quote Originally Posted by Neveryoumind
    Seeing this girl
    She sleeps over and so on, but we both decided we don't want a relationship.

We are free to do what we want, we are just friends but have bonuses.

I want to know what I can do to stop me from getting feelings for her, or getting attached to her?

You really can't. There are only three things in life that are certain: Death, Taxes, and Friends with Benefits Leads to Feelings for One of You Eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerWilco
    You really can't. There are only three things in life that are certain: Death, Taxes, and Friends with Benefits Leads to Feelings for One of You Eventually.
    Nice. Agreed.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

also the fact that you are asking this question implies that u may already be feeling more than you intended already.
    if you didnt you wouldnt be worried about it.

the best advice i can give is be honest with each other. if you do start developing feelings for her, either tell her and hope she reciprocates or break it off entirely. dont just end up in the situation where your putting up f***buddies because its the closest you can get to her. its a very dangerous path to be on and ends up in serious heartache.

Rachy you are in a way right. I don't exactly have feelings for her right now, but we do not see each other that often. Maybe once or twice a week max, and that includes with other friends outside of home etc.

It was weird though, she slept here the other night with me, we didn't have sex as she needed to wake up early for work, but we cuddled, and... it was like we were a couple but knew we weren't?
    She gave me a kiss on my head, gave me a hug, put her hands around me and just gently rubbed me. We slept almost in each others arms.

Which I find weird. She seems to be very into the no relationship as she says she is not ready for one.

It is weird. When we are together, it is like we are a couple, but in front of other people we are not so. I told her though since we are just going to be friends with benefits no one needs to know so she understands I rather keep this to ourselves.

There must be some way of avoiding feelings?

At the same time I don't want to end what we are doing...

The only option is to not have any contact with her. That is the only thing you can do.

I'm going to watch this thread and see what happens. (Grabs popcorn and settles in for a good show.)

There must be more that can be done!

She is too hot not to do anything with