+ Follow This Topic

Thread: selfconfident or emotional

selfconfident or emotional

I recently got dumped by my girlfriend and I am very heartbroken right now, and I was wondering..what should I do? I really want to talk to her about how I feel but I think it just makes me feel kinda weak and fragile. And I don't want to appear that way. I don't want people to think I'm weak. So, should I just keep my feelings and thoughts to myself and maybe pretend to be selfconfident and act like I have gotten over her? Do girls prefer a selfconfident guy rather than an emotional one?
    Do you think it's a sign of weakness for guys to talk about feelings?

Suppressed feelings don't do anyone any good. I think you need to talk to someone about it, but I'm pretty sure the girl who just dumped you isn't a good choice, unless you think that there's a chance she'll take you back if you get mushy on her.

I appreciate a guy who's self-confident about his own emotions. Guys who can't handle their emotions or try to act like they don't have any are scary.

Being emotional has nothing to do with strength, weakness or even selfconfidence.
    Talking about your feelings isn't weak.

It's never good to cramp up your emotions...let them flow.

But you might reconsider talking to the girl who dumped you.., what do you want to accomplish?
    That she takes you back?

It really depends on why she dumped you and the type of person she is..., if she dumped you because you didn't show her how much you loved her, then you could talk to her about what's on your mind and how you really feel...
    But if this is not the case, and she dumped you because she just didn't like you or any other reason, than it probably isn't the best idea.

First talk to a good friend, someone who understands you, before you decide to go to your ex...
    Last edited by Sinsemilla; 01-05-06 at 10:46 PM.

I really cant stand overly emotional guys, but you are entitiled to feel sad but just dont take it to the extreme. Women do like confident guys but not cocky ones either.
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

well my ex boyfriend was a selfconfident man, and he lost me forevere, i was expecting him to fight for me, to try and win me back, but he didn't not even a phone call. I don't see what emotions has to do with selfconfident, but i can see he likes his pride more than he likes me, so that's what i thought. women usually speak about their emotions, do you guys consider us as weak? if you want her try to get her back, but with sitting back and watching won't do you any good, unless you just want to move on, then there is no reason for you to talk about anything.
    good luck

It's not weakness

If you and her broke up and you want to talk about your feelings it's going to show her that you really care. Your talking about what other people might think? Who will know first of all and who really cares what the next man thinks?

To answer your main question there, different women like different things. Me, personally, I like self confident guys to some extent, but not self absorbed ones. Being emotional is okay. I think it's okay for a guy to actually tell others how he is feeling. It's not a sign of weakness.

To me a sign of weakness is clinginess. If you are always calling her or flooding her with emotional messages each day, then women don't really like that. Not that I'm saying you are, I just remember past experiences with my friends where they would complain about guys doing that to them after a breakup.