+ Follow This Topic

Thread: really need 2nd opinions on this!

really need 2nd opinions on this!

ok I met this guy at uni and it was obvious that there was a connection between us. we spoke on msn and text each other everyday for about 3 weeks. I went out with him and his mates (who are also my mates that I normally meet up with when I go out) and met up with him a couple of times. We obviously gave off the impression that we were seeing each other. After about 3 weeks he said he didn’t want a relationship at the minute. We had a chat and we both admitted that we liked each other but he just needed time and space. I thought perhaps he was still getting over his ex, needed time to sort his head out, perhaps live the single male life for a bit etc. We agreed to go back to being friends for the time being. I figured I should back off and give him the space he needs to clear it all up in his head.
    After that, we didn’t talk as much on msn and we didn’t text each other. Then over easter we began talking more on msn and when we got back to uni, we were at the same place on a night out and we spent the whole evening talking. Once we all got back and I came back to my room he sent me a text saying ‘yeah, im annoyed I ruined everything with u’. I replied saying ‘hey I think it was still obvious tonight how we feel about each other but then again I may be wrong..i don’t think uve ruined anything but its up2u. my feelings haven’t changed.’ So since then, its gone back to us talking loads on msn and talking when we see each other. About 90% of the time he’ll start the msn conversations.

I really want to know what he’s wanting but don’t really know how to do it without putting him under pressure. I guess what I’m trying to work out is what does his text message mean? does it suggest he’s sorted things out in his head about what he’s wanting? Is he now wanting to perhaps give things another go between us? what should I do now? Any advice or insights would be really helpful, I just want some second opinions!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why don't you just ask him what the status of your relationship is? Guys are usually willing to be honest when it is called for, and I don't think it is unreasonable for you to ask for clarification. Otherwise, he might be doing the same thing with 3 other girls. Who knows?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Good advice just ask him...

Well id love to ask him but at the same time i dont want him to think im pressuring him...what do u make of the text message he sent? does it mean he's cleared up things in his head about what he's wanting?

No, it just means he's wanting. if you're still worried about pressuring him, you might text him and ask him out for coffee. If he finds a coffee date too much pressure to endure, you've got yourself a nutter anyway, and good riddance.