+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She has been hurt before

She has been hurt before

Hello, Im having a problem with a close friend i shall call her G and she has been in a previous intimate relationship with her ex boyfriend B. after that he left her for another girl.

now she seems afraid to date again.

Ive been her close friend for a long time now and i think i may be in love with her. I find my self writing poetry and piano pieces and i constantly think of her without meaning to. every second i spend with her is wonderful and i couldnt think of a better way to get to know her better. shes unpredictable. extrovertive and just makes me feel like ive been born again.

but when i last told her that i like her i blurted it out because i was so nervous she said it would be too weird and that shes not ready for another relationship yet.

after a while things whent weird but now things are wrapping back together again.
    we share food and drinks again and we do the same things we used to do.

but now i find myself awash with completly new feelings that ive never felt before
    i think i may have fallen for her again and stronger this time except now im afraid to tell her just how much i truly love her.

Now i overheard that she might give me a chance when the time is right.

i really need help from some one that has been through this before as im running out of options.

thanks to any one who replies

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Be careful with your heart! It is rare for male friends to be able to transition from friend to lover. I certainly wouldn't put your life on hold over her. Maybe you should just lay your cards on the table and let the chips fall where they may. At least you will know whether or not you have a chance.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

at the end of the year ive been thinking of telling her exactly how i feel and present her all the things i wrote drew and so forth. if she says ok ill be happy but if she says no ill deal with it and treat it as a first crush first rejection.

what really pisses me off is her shit bag ex that took advantage of her

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, he wouldn't have taken advantage if she hadn't let him, so try not to cast her as the victim.

I think your plan to tell her by the end of the year is a good one, assuming you are talking about the end of the school year, and not December.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

school year oh great one

If you're hesitating because you don't want to get your feelings hurt, I think you're wasting your time. We all get hurt sometime. Isn't she worth the risk?

This thing is already moving in some direction. Maybe you can help steer it along. It sounds like you're leaving it all up to her.

well im getting in with her friends so i can find the gist with her....and maybe ill find a way to completly win her over....thanks ladies and gents youve been good help

I hope everything turns out ok for you joe. I recentely went through my first ever breakup, and ive never been to devestated. But i was watching a program and one of the girls said that anyone who falls in love, or kno wats its like to have lost love, should feel like theyve gained something, because anyone who feels what love is knows what life is about.

Life isnt about money, it isnt about getting what you want. Its about family, giving to other poeple, and trying to put a smile on someone elses face.

well i dont know what i did, all i did was hang out with her like normal friends do. it seems she was too hurt from her last relationship and she says it is getting to be awkward now. im going to agree that some distance is best, but that we must continue our friendship. since we never dated the hurt isnt that deep. only a scratch. ill look elsewhere thanks for the help