+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does the weight of the guy or Buffness really matter?

Does the weight of the guy or Buffness really matter?

titles self explanitory im wondering if the weight is a factor in attraction or if it can be more than that. ive seen very hot girls with big guys before so thats why im wondering

Well im male but I want to take a whack at it. I think thers alot of females who wont look at a guy if they are not at there level but some women get to know less atractive men and a relationship builds or the woman is not baseing everything on looks.

If I got anything wrong someone feel free to knock me lol.

well i don't mind if he is a great nice, good personality, and acomplished inn life, than everything will seem easy, weight can come and go, but love, and understanding is what important

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's hard to say, but I'd say on a general level....no, it doesn't matter.
    Men are much more visual creatures, and tend to fixate a lot more on looks than women.

I personally have dated all different types......buff/built, really skinny, chubby. For me, looks are just as much a part of their attractiveness as their physical features. I can honestly say that I've met men that aren't so physically attractive, but once I got to know them a bit, they became MORE attractive to me on all levels.

When you say girls will only date on their 'level', I think you're thinking more of those girls who are fixated on looks because thats really all they have going for themselves. An open minded, well rounded girl (even one who's drop dead gorgeous) will be more likely to date any type of guy , because she understands real attraction comes from the mind.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

This came up at a friend's party the other night- there was a guy there, really smart, funny, but pretty overweight. After he left, my friend said she would never date him because his health problems would just get worse over time. (She's a nurse) It wasn't about attractiveness, it was about health.

I think if he were healthier, he'd have a chance with her. Not like he is, though.

I've been turned down by girls who said I'm too muscular for them. Then again, lots of girls like to feel my body. You can't please them all.

ah well im not overly over weight i was just wondering. ive started dieting and im probaly healthier than ive ever been. im thinning out and taking tae kwando classes

that should be a good exercise since classes are 3 times a week.

I see nothing wrong with health mattering, and it would to me too (though I'm male). In my case it would be the fact I'm a very sporty person, I'd like someone who also likes sports/is able to play with me. That generally means being a reasonable weight/fit, though granted you do get some surprisingly fit overweight people.

On one end of the spectrum, yeah, a guy should take care of his body. How well a man takes care of himself is an indicator of how well he'll take care of somebody else. (And this doesn't just apply to your body - it also has to do with your home, manner of dress, etc.)

On the other end of the spectrum is the guy that's TOTALLY into his looks. That usually doesn't promise much depth. Intelligent women avoid narcissists like the plague.

Personality always overweighs looks, but I was never really into buff guys. I tend to like guys with a defined chest, not too skinny, but definately not buff. Big muscles are a huge turnoff.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyYouGuy
    Well im male but I want to take a whack at it. I think thers alot of females who wont look at a guy if they are not at there level but some women get to know less atractive men and a relationship builds or the woman is not baseing everything on looks.

If I got anything wrong someone feel free to knock me lol.
    Quoting myself I must add though this does not mean do not take care of yourself. Still try to keep your self looking good but this does not mean you need to be all buff.