+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you stop talking to a guy-friend if he fell in love with you?

Would you stop talking to a guy-friend if he fell in love with you?

I had been good friends with this girl for more than a year and then I started having feelings for her....I never told her about it but I guess she realised my feelings and told me that she didnt want to be my friend any more. Would you have done that?

holy shit is this some new trend going on? same thing happened to me

uh no. I would've just made it clear I wasnt interested in anything other than a friendship. Some females I tell ya! She very well couldve been uncomfortable realizing it and then not been able to feel as though a friendship could remain. Give her some time.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

haha samething here. after she rejected me, she just stopped talking to me. i was at the mall the other day eating with a couple'a friends on a table besides hers, and as i got up and started to leave, her best-friend said bye and stuff while she just ignored me completely.

i don't care what she feels, but i think thats just rude to ignore a friend, or even just an acquaintance.

You know, no. I wouldn't. It wouldn't affect our friendship, I just think it would make things awkward. I might avoid him for a week, then fall right back into where we were before. I would probably make it clear in some way to him that I wasn't interested like that, and that I hope it doesn't make it weird between us.

A guy friend did that to me about a year ago. I was stunned. I didn't know what to say. I just kind of shrugged it off and tried to ignore it, and nothing was ever brought up again. Not the best thing to do, but it's in the past.

justforkix------If she told you to your face that she didn't want to be your friend, well you'll just have to accept it. She probably feels awkward around you, 'cause she knows you have feelings for her. So her way of dealing is to try and ignore the issue. And ignoring the issue to the extent of shutting you out.

The best thing you can do is go about your business and don't show her that it bothers you. Never show them how hurt you are.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would be flattered if a friend liked me like that... Actually one of mine do. And yes, it was awkward for a bit so I kinda avoided him mainly cuz I didn't want to lead him on.. But after awhile, we moved past it and are just as close as we were before. He's onto seeing other people and hes truly happy.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Quote Originally Posted by Off2College
    haha samething here. after she rejected me, she just stopped talking to me. i was at the mall the other day eating with a couple'a friends on a table besides hers, and as i got up and started to leave, her best-friend said bye and stuff while she just ignored me completely.

i don't care what she feels, but i think thats just rude to ignore a friend, or even just an acquaintance.
    exactly! one of my friends was with his gf for three years and she was very rude to him when they broke up! why?? i know it may hurt deep down inside to see them, but you still should say hello, i mean you did share some of your life with them, so they at least deserve a hello.

I want to know how she found out you liked her. Were you looking in her window? Did you tell everyone you wanted to hump her? Did she have no reason whatsoever for this change?

thank fully when my friend found out i loved her she took it easy and said she cant possibly feel this way about me. after a while she stopped talking to me for 3 days but now....well she wants to hang out with me and calls me nearly every day. why just yesterday she whent to the air and sea show and i didnt know. she then called to ask if i was there when i replied yes she actually walked 7 miles from the pier to my position. thankfully i no longer think of her as some one to love but as a great friend. but i wonder. is she somehow growing to have some feelings for me?
    Last edited by joe1234; 09-05-06 at 08:48 AM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would stop being friends with someone who fell in love with me if I were not interested in a romantic relationship. Why give false hope?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by justforkix
    I had been good friends with this girl for more than a year and then I started having feelings for her....I never told her about it but I guess she realised my feelings and told me that she didnt want to be my friend any more. Would you have done that?
    She did that because you are a loser.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Is this the one you're stalking?

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

hes been stalking her? interesting lol

Dunno. He just used to drive by her house every day and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast