+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sex or marriage with a cousin. Opinions wanted.

Sex or marriage with a cousin. Opinions wanted.

There was this talk in another site I go to where they talk about sexual relationship or marriage with first cousins. Some people say it's not wrong others say it's sick. I'm one of those who thinks it's plain sick. The argument of people who said there's nothing wrong with having sex or marrying your cousins are 1. there are studies that children from a cousin pairing doesn't result in the high levels of mental retardation and sickliness 2. if you never met or never felt close like a family or relative you are totally stranger therefore there's nothing sick about it.

Those issues set aside what I want to know is this: Your genetic relation to your first cousin.

Your first cousin is the child of your uncle/aunt right? Even if you have never met before or never felt like a family or relative, aren't you still closely genetically related? One of your parents are siblings which means 1/2 of you are of the same bloodline.

Btw, I want to know whta is a cousin onced removed?

I think legally (at least in NJ) the law states you can't marry anyone closer than a third cousin to you. The reason being that while YES it's less of a chance of two cousins having a child with birth defects than brother/sister, the chances of third cousins having a child with birth defects is about the same as total strangers. So whatever studies you've read or been pointed to have probably been skewed in one way or other because the chances are still MUCH higher than two perfect strangers.

I can half-understand the whole "not-meeting" part. But the whole child-birth defect and also the fact that their parent is a direct SISTER/BROTHER of one of mine would just freak me out. So I vote "sick".

Rod Steele

its mos definitaly sick..but it has been proven it does not cause birth defects sfalexi..its a myth. i just think the only people who would get involved with family on a sexual level, is white trash on jerry springer, completely ignorant people who will **** anything..it really just seems so nasty to me..but anyway

and im not sure exactly what a cousin once removed is..ill hafto check back im interested now to find out
    im the shit like mr.hanky

THROWING ROOTBEARS IN YO FRIDGE BEHATCH

Yeah. . . that cousin once removed thing intrigues me too . . .

[url]http://www.cousincouples.com/info/relation.shtml[/url]

There we go.

So your "cousin first removed" would be your grandmother's nephew.

And after checking out that site's map on cousin marriages, I guess it IS allowed in NJ to marry a cousin. Just can't marry a niece/nephew or aunt/uncle.

not allowed here in germany
    More about me on homepage

i cringe at the thought of having sex with one of my cousins. i like them and they are very cute guys, but it's a very taboo thing to do. i grew up with them. we share grandparents! and your parents already know each other because they're siblings! that is some jerry springer shit right there.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by sfalexi
    [url]http://www.cousincouples.com/info/relation.shtml[/url]

There we go.

So your "cousin first removed" would be your grandmother's nephew.
    um, interesting link....tnx now i know.

Quote Originally Posted by sfalexi
    I think legally (at least in NJ) the law states you can't marry anyone closer than a third cousin to you. The reason being that while YES it's less of a chance of two cousins having a child with birth defects than brother/sister, the chances of third cousins having a child with birth defects is about the same as total strangers. So whatever studies you've read or been pointed to have probably been skewed in one way or other because the chances are still MUCH higher than two perfect strangers.

I can half-understand the whole "not-meeting" part. But the whole child-birth defect and also the fact that their parent is a direct SISTER/BROTHER of one of mine would just freak me out. So I vote "sick".

Rod Steele
    This is what puzzles me. Those people don't seem to find it sick. One of their parents are siblings! Not meeting before or not feeling close like a relative is not the point. The point is they are genetically closely related. They share the some same blood. And what even surprises me is the confessions that many first cousins lust after each other and flirts with each other. It seems quite common.

When you think about it, (the lusting/flirtation thing), first cousins are often very close, know each other well and are very comfortable around each other. It's not like meeting a strange girl/guy and trying to get along, you already know each other very well so it's a lot easier to "flirt" with them. They are easy to tease because after all this time (assuming you're older) you know what gets them going and how to joke around with them. So sometimes cousins probably flirt "unintentionally", meaning joke and tease each other meaning no harm, but others would look at it as flirting.

But then again, I wonder why this stuff doesn't happen with brother/sister as often. Maybe because you often have more cousins than brothers or sisters . . .

Rod Steele

i was watching jerry springer one time (i was hospitalized and that's all there was to do) and there was this episode where this girl was having relations with her sister! i was like, "that's ****ing gross". i mean i love my sister and care about her probably more than i'd ever care about any other woman in my life, but damn it doesn't mean i want her to be my girlfriend. but anyway, i'm in the computer lab and i'm laughing at that damn thread about sex-ed and people are staring at me. time to go.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

why put icing on the cake your talking about INCEST! its wrong no matter how you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by friendlydays
    Sex or marriage with a cousin. Opinions wanted.
    Deformed children.
    I have it all. Including kino.

Even if there is a low chance of deformation, there still remains the chance of deformation. Also, if there is a higher amount of inbreeding (people marrying first cousins), the genetic congruence will become more and more similar and rapidly increase the amount of deformities. Procreation with those unrelated to you ensures a healthy amount of genetic mutation, whereas inbreeding ruins the gene pool.

Also, why those people sit there and whine about how they should marry their family is beyond me. Seriously. Grow some ****ing nuts and find someone else.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast