+ Follow This Topic

Thread: "I know, but you don't have to say that" means what?

"I know, but you don't have to say that" means what?

hello all,
    I'm here a female and quite not very well at understanding what people use to say" what men say and what they really mean." thing.
    The story begins this way:
    It happened that I really liked this guy and he kinda liked me too( though not as much I as did). So we went out couple times and there was a misunderstanding causing us not talking anymore. COuple months later, we both knew it was just a miscommunication problem.
    Then I told him:" I miss you sometimes" and later I added "not missing going out or talking" but "sth else" . Then he said:" I know what you mean. But you don't have to say that".
    Mm....guys! Tell me whether that is a positive or negative response?It's so hurtful when when I don not know whether I should stop or keep praying for this to work out!
    Thanks first for reading,

Sorry honey but we're not psycic. If you want to know you're going to have to ask him.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

King Zarathu Guest
    LMAO!!! That's ****ing funny. He probably knows what he meant more than we do.

Oh yeah, just as TAVS said, we're not "psycic" XD rofl pwnt

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Seneyka
    I miss you sometimes" and later I added "not missing going out or talking" but "sth else" .
    I can't even figure out what this meant.

Anyway, maybe he is just trying to get you to stop talking so cryptically. Why don't you BOTH just say what you mean?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Seneyka
    Then I told him:" I miss you sometimes" and later I added "not missing going out or talking" but "sth else" .
    I think you started the obscure communications here, honey. I don't know what you mean by "sth else". I also don't know why you would tell anyone you were praying for it to work out with that you don't miss going out or talking. Maybe he meant you didn't have to say that.

I think you need to stop talking cryptically to him. Be straightforward, and honest about your feeling and what you expect from him.
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

i think he took the "something else" with sex ... so he said " you dont have to mention it "

LMAO

Personally I think that it's more like negative reply if you meant "sex" by "smth else". If you were thinking about sex and he said "I know what you mean. But you don't have to say that" probably he was expecting something more seriuos that just "smth else".. I don;t say that sex is not seriuos but imo serious relationship is not only sex. That's "missing going out or talking".

Talk to him in more open way probably he did not understand you...
    More Online Dating Secrets at [URL="http://www.welcometodating.com"]www.WelcomeToDating.com[/URL]

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    first of all, you have to make yourself clear. what do you miss about him?? just being with him or the ****ing sex..??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...