+ Follow This Topic

Thread: why so sudden?

why so sudden?

hey guys, im not too sure on where to start, so ill start from the beginning.

im a 22 year old guy from the uk, and a year ago i met a girl.
    now i dont normally ask anyone for advice, im not that sorta person but this time im in a bit of a state
    in past relationships, ive always been cheated on, dumped, hurt etc... and i thought i went through it all, but this has come as a major shock to me.
    ive been with this girl for a year now, from the moment we met, there was something special there, we both said it, we did everything together! every single time we saw each other, we would have the best time of our lives, ive never met someone that was so much on my level if you know what i mean. now i love this girl to peices, ive never felt this way or so strongly before, even though ive had several long relationships in the past.
    everything was going fine until about a month ago when she started to get really busy with exams, she started a new job etc... and within one day she changed completley. she said that she has to think about herself now and that she hasnt got time for a boyfriend with all the stuff thats going on in her life right now, that we live seperate lives and we are different. but we sorted that out, i thought it was just a little phase as she has been extremley stressed and busy recently.
    everything went back to normal for a month, she txt me everyday saying she missed me, we went out together and had the best time of our lives, just like it used to be. now the same thing has happened again and she says she doesnt want to be with me anymore.
    i really really dont get it, just yesterday we was having the time of our life together, and i know that she still loves me as everything was like it always has been... the way she looks at me when i have to leave, the way she cuddles me and means it, the deep meaningful conversations we have together.

im so confused on whats happening right now, i dont have anyone else to lean on, i have no family and i live on my own. this girl has been a lifesaver to me, she picked me up off the floor and helped me so much when my life was crap. i could go on forever on how perfect our relationship was, but i would be here all day.

now she is saying this, i am absoloutley devestated, i cant eat, sleep and ive lost all motivation with life.
    i keep saying to myself that its just a phase, because of all what shes got on at the moment (education 9-3, work 4-8 then revision until 11, then the same the next day and the next etc...) and as its happened at the same time as she started being really busy.

its really really not fair and i dont know what to do, im a pretty tough guy, but ive never cried so much in my life.

OMG, you poor baby. You sound so sweet and sad. You could be raging against her, hating her for hurting you, but all you want is to have her back.

I don't know if you'll get her back or not, but at very least, you know what it feels like to have had someone you could trust. Of course you're devastated, but look at it this way- all she did was break up with you. She didn't cheat on you, or steal your TV, or sleep with your brother or any of the many horrible things humans do to each other. She's still a decent human being and she still cares enough about you to treat you gently.

Your responsibility is to get a little bit better every day. Eat something. Connect with people, even if it's just saying hi to a stranger on the street.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    maybe she really thinks that this relationship has come at a bad time. if say maybe this happened a year later, things would be much better because her new job would be easy and she would have a lot less stress in her life.

on the other hand, maybe she cheated on you. i thnk that you should talk to her and ask her why she feels that this change will actually make this better for the two of you.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

i went round her house last night and she said shes willing to give it one more go, but she still has to think. and she doesnt know when she wants to see me again.

why cant i get a straight awnser

Maybe she doesn't have one. At least you've got a chance, right?

yeah i have a chance

im going to see her on saturday and maybe stay round on sunday, so that is when ill know for definate.

im glad its not all ended in tears (yet), but shes changed so much, i want my old girlfriend back

Give her some space if she really loves you she will come back. I'm in the same sort of situation with me wife----It is brutal---but I came to the realization that no matter what I say or do right now I can't stop her from moving out. I do have some hope but I'm not going to put my life on hold for the hope to come true. This will make it easier to move on when you have to.

You can't stop a women or man from leaving!