+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neighbor died..

Neighbor died..

Our next door neighbour died this morning.. he was attacked by a bull.
    I'd say "he was a really nice guy", but that's too easy.. So I'll say this.. Every summer he brought in our silage for us and spread fertiliser on our fields (we don't have a tractor) and we'd help him fix his roof after storms, help him herd his cattle.. We traded livestock, lent each other equipment.. etc. My parents knew him from when he was a little boy, watched him grow up and get married.
    His wife now has the farm and two young kids... what can one possibly think or say or do in the face of such a tragedy..? I'm home alone right now.. just needed to tell somebody.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Attacked by a bull? Wow - what a shame for his family, and how very unusual. I don't think there is much that CAN be said, but perhaps you can reciprocate his kindness by looking after his family a bit - take the kids out now and then for a little fun, and perhaps help the wife out with some of the farm chores from time to time.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

yeah.. definitely.
    god it's terrible.. He rang her with his cell and all he said was "field. bull."
    My family always helped take care of the farm when they went on vacation or had to go somewhere.. the children come visit us sometimes.. after at least 22 years here we're still "the germans" hehe...
    She's going to get our support and of course all her and his family are helping too.
    The bull is going to be put down, I'm told. It's so creepy... All the times we helped look after his stock, or searched for missing animals...

EDIT:
    I was just talking to my bf and I realised he never got to meet him. damn. I wanted them to meet. I know that's kind of insignificant..
    Last edited by Tiay; 18-05-06 at 11:35 PM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ...such a sad story...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

yeah.. *hug*
    thanks for replying vashti.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sorry I haven't got any words to make you feel better. There really aren't any.

there aren't any.. yeah. Just listening/understanding is helpful.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss. But I have always pondered, what part of Europe are you from?

Thanks, Kiechi
    well.. so far I've always not been specific about that, but I guess it doesn't matter. Nobody's gonna come stalk me just because you know I live in Ireland right? And as I gave away above, my family is german.
    If you ever come here, send me a pm and drop by for a cup of tea and cookies. It's beautiful out here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiay
    Thanks, Kiechi
    well.. so far I've always not been specific about that, but I guess it doesn't matter. Nobody's gonna come stalk me just because you know I live in Ireland right? And as I gave away above, my family is german.
    If you ever come here, send me a pm and drop by for a cup of tea and cookies. It's beautiful out here.
    Ireland eh? I guess we are neighbours, I'm from England. Well my nans irish, thus making me a quarter . But I have never had the opportunity to go there. Maybe I will one day.

cool.. hope you get to come one day..

Ti im so sorry. Just the other day a close neighbor of mine died in his sleep and we do miss and talk about him almost every day and im sure red dog misses his commings and going to.
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

aw, i'm sorry to hear that Blue.. it's nice he passed peacefully though.

update: we now know that his internal injuries were such he never had a chance. Since his wife got to interact with him before he passed, I figure this knowledge will help relieve her of those thoughts anybody in that situation has; that is.. could I have done something better?
    Heck.. even though I was sound asleep at the time, I just keep thinking.. what if I had been out walking the dog?.. would my marginal knowledge of first aid have made any difference? (silly, i know) At least if the answer is no, that thought can't torture the mind as much.
    Also, I'm told the body looks relatively uninjured outwardly. I guess that's something...

i wish the best for his family. ; ;

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast