+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Back together....but not really

Back together....but not really

Hi all, just need some advice as im feeling really confused right now.

My bf and I broke up 6 months ago (i initially broke it off, then wanted to get back with him, but then he didnt want to) .

Anyway....for the 6 months we saw each other on and off, and he said he didnt want to get back into a relationship etc but also said he still loved me and couldnt let me go. This led me to feel kinda used, as in he was having his cake and eating it too. So I did NC for 30 days....he finally contacted me and wanted to know what was happening in my life and where I had been and wanted to meet up.

So we met up, and have been seeing each other since. I asked him if this means we are back together. His response was : " I want to take it slow, put no expectations on it and also put no label on it ..as in boyfriend/girlfriend and see where that takes us "

Now, I really dont know how I feel about this. Is he just saying this ? I mean we are having a sexual relationship ...would it be so hard for him to call me his girlfriend ? What does everyone think ? Would you accept this ? Would you go with the flow and see what happens ? Do you think im being used until something better comes along for him ??

I questioned him a bit further as to why he doesnt want a label (boyfriend/girlfriend) and he said basically he feels no pressure at the moment, he doesnt want to feel expected to tell me where he is and who he is with and to call me everyday. he said he is happy to do those things but doesnt want to feel pressured or expected to do those things , therefore him calling me his girlfriend would change it for him..

hmmmmm i dont know what to think...help !

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It means he doesn't want to be officially with you....but your good enough to sleep with until something better comes along...

Trust me.....I (along with alot of other people on this board) have been in this situation... A few of my ex's wanted the sexual aspect of our relationship, but didn't want to "be together as bf/gf". THey would go on and on about feelings....(which just meant sexual feelings) and so I got hooked fora while.
    I tried to go along with it....and trust me, in the end I was the ONE who got hurt! So therefore, I had to cut off all contact...

Please take this from me, Don't fall into this trap... You are imagining the two of you going somewhere....where he is just thinking of when the next time hes gonna "get off".

Move on...
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

maybe you ripped his heart from his chest when you dumped him, and he doesnt want to get to close to you again incase he gets hurt again?