+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is he messing around?

is he messing around?

I have been with my boyfriend for just over 1 year, we do not live together so lead pretty seperate lives.

Thing is he used to leave his mobile phone lying around all the time but all of a sudden he stopped doing it and started being really over-protective with it which made me suspitious. I know I shouldnt have done but I sneaked a look at his texts when I got the chance.

There were a load of texts from his ex saying stuff like "are you back yet babe?", "I just wanted someone to talk to...", "I had to go, he was waking up, speak soon xxxx" and "are you on msn tonight babe?" etc. (he told me he doesnt use msn to talk to anyone but me and said he didnt speak to her at all anymore).

Another girl was also on the phone, he's been texting her asking what she's upto and showering her with compliments etc.

Should I be worried or could this be innocent?

You should be worried.
    If he lied to you about not speaking with his ex anymore, then he isn't a thrustworthy guy.

The difficulty with confronting someone with this is that people always want to cover themselves up and most of the time they will burry themselves in more lies..., so I don't know if it's the best idea to confront him with it right now, I don't know your boyfriend so I can't judge...

It could be that it's just plain innocent, but why would he lie to you if this was the case?

It's really hard to advise people in these situations

well yeah this is not good but has he said anything on his part like i miss you babe or something? it sounds like thats only her and hes just trying to be nice. if it bothers you ask him.

has his schedual changed at all? like hes seeing u less? as in for no reason hes busy can't come over when he used to come over for that day normal and etc?

usually when you have a gut feeling its true, and you can usually find out more by his behavior or just ask him. body language can say alot.
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

well, he's abvious hidin sth from u.. its so obvious that he changed his behaviour & e sms as well. tell askin him in a nice manner. sort things out

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, chances are hes lying to you. I would definately be worried. Confront him and see what he says...

When my ex was secretive about his phone....and then got pissed at me for trying to deleting his ex's number (who caused a shitload of problems between us not long before I found it) then I knew what his priorities were. And how I felt obviously didn't matter to him. So then I knew it was time to say GOODBYE!
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Oh, honey he is sooooo messing around. Stop having unprotected sex with him immediately (if you are) because he's very likely getting some on the side.

Ewww. I'm sorry, but you're in a crappy situation. Quit being so nice and protect yourself.

I don't think it's innocent, & I do think you should be not only "worried" but mad too!

He has lied & been secretive. I would confront him about it... Just to let him know that I knew, & that he has messed up royally. Then I would break up with him. I don't care if it has been a year, that doesn't mean you have to take his crap now. There are so many fish in the sea, & there is one who will treat you better than that. That's a green light sweetie... GO!

If a raindrop was a kiss, I'd send you a shower.
    If a hug was a second, I'd send you an hour.
    If smiles were water, I'd send you the sea.
    And if love was a person, I'd send you me.