+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is it about computer games?

What is it about computer games?

I know there are female gamers, but what is it about computer games that most girls dislike!? I mean, if a guy can go online and totally 'pwn' some complete n00bs then isn't that a good thing? Or what about the social aspect of some two player action?

I have a friend who plays Soul Calibur 2 with his girlfriend, she always plays as the female character who brandishes a weapon which acts like a whip:

Isn't this a good way to 'get him in the mood?'

And what about working together through a good adventure game, for example, Eternal Darkness:

It's on the Gamecube so it can't be that bad, and you could play through it together!

I'd love some input as to this, or what games do girls like?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalagonash

I have a friend who plays Soul Calibur 2 with his girlfriend, she always plays as the female character who brandishes a weapon which acts like a whip:

Isn't this a good way to 'get him in the mood?'
    Yeah some guys get in the mood by stuff like that maybe.. but i dont..... i bet those same people who find game charachters attractive have masterbated to starwars lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalagonash
    And what about working together through a good adventure game, for example, Eternal Darkness:

It's on the Gamecube so it can't be that bad, and you could play through it together!

I'd love some input as to this, or what games do girls like?
    Some girls like games, I think things like that are fun but.... girls dont (or most). Some girls do and those are the ones I usualy like becouse there usualy the ones who dont use pounds of makeup and rush to follow every trend. Alot of people picture female players to be overweight also I think and this is a common misconception. Some are some are not. But all and all... most females dont play games.... thats why we must selectivly breed the next few years to make women how we want them.

I Love Computer Games

I love games me and my ex use 2 have comps amd ply games all night . But they were our ruin in the end i must have been 2 good 4 him lol
    :-)

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It may be a generational issue, but speaking for myself, I associate videogames with children and also with heaps of wasted time which could be used more productively. I would definitely not be willing to compete with videogames for companionship.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

lol, i've met alot of beautiful females on online games. when i first met them personally, i go, wow. some girls like it, some girls think its a waste of time. but i prefer girls with the same interest with mine.

Games are becoming more and more like interactive movies. They're not just for children anymore. Or maybe it's that the people who first played them as children are now growing up. I dunno, i'm not into games myself.

ya, video games are so cool they can only get better.

Ivy, (I think her name is) in Soul Caliber 2 is a sick character. Cool looking moves/weapon. It's like a sword chain whip.

I have been owned by many girls in all sorts of games. good stuff.

That's disturbing if you get excited from games, I will only get angry or happy, go figure.

Oh gosh! Video games!

That is a pretty big thing where I live among guys. Like that Halo video game... All of Hunter's friends play that game, & some others. Halo seems to be the one most recently worshipped though.

I was really happy when Hunter admitted to me that he was the only one out of his friend's to not really care playing. He would much rather be playing something more physical.

As for me, I have no interest in them. I am 18 & I still associate video gaming with kids... I don't want to date a kid!

If a raindrop was a kiss, I'd send you a shower.
    If a hug was a second, I'd send you an hour.
    If smiles were water, I'd send you the sea.
    And if love was a person, I'd send you me.

Well ill have you know that associating kids with gamers is prejudice. I happen to game and I am a very mature and caring individual, i recognize my other responsibilities and always put work, school and women (duh) before games. Games to me are nothing more than a diversion which just happens to be better than television.

Here, here, Joe.
    Right on

don't think anybody could have said it better than that.
    "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
    I took the one less traveled by"
    -Robert Frost

haha! I'm one of those girls. The ONLY thing I hate about my boyfriend playing this pc game called "WOW" is the fact that he stays on it constantly. I mean, he has a life outside of it, but once he starts playing he plays for hours..so when we're talking on the phone at night I'm repeating myself in everything that I say...tends to get annoying. Example..the other night him and I went to get food and he said he got tired when we got in my driveway and claimed he was tired, and then he admitted he just wanted to go home and play that game so he would have a chance to play longer...then ended up staying up until almost 5:00am...actually I think he stayed up until 6:00am playing. Ridiculous? I think so...but I love him so I put up with it...

If it was something I would enjoy myself, I could possibly get used to it...but it just gets annoying...and soon enough it's going to be some other game....

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This is for OV:

[url]http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Your-Girlfriend-to-Play-Video-Games[/url]

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think maybe games would be respected a little more by women if the majority didn't fit so well with America's idiot culture. 95% of games involve gratuitous violence, a derth of storytelling, and impossibly buxom women with boobs that wiggle like jello. Women never find out about the handful of intelligent games they might possibly enjoy playing with their boyfriends.

Sucks.

Also, that link cracked me up.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

I think with videogames nowadays people are able to create a congruant self. There are no laws or boundaries in the virtual world therefore the possibilities are endless. Unlike reality, everybody is giving the opportunity to play on a equal playing field.

Video games also empowers and enables you to become your ideal self, a self which maybe isn't achievable in real life. Which is why videogames seem to be so popular amongst male teenagers as everyone wants to be "the cool guy". But also like Tiay rightly pointed out, it's interactive. You're given the chance to be that one person who saves the world from utter destruction and fall in love with a girl with the biggest hooters in Gaia.

I used to play video games cause everyone else did it. I remember the horrible hours playing CS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast