+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WAY more comfortable around younger girls... sorta wondering why

WAY more comfortable around younger girls... sorta wondering why

Ok, so this isn't really a problem... it's more of just a question that I'm looking for opinions on.

I've noticed in the past year or two that I'm much more comfortable around younger girls, and that translates into being more attracted to them. I feel like I can talk to them much easier, and that they pay way more attention to me then girls my own age do.

The age differences aren't usually major. For example: I went on a camping trip this past weekend and met a girl that is 15 and a sophomore in high school, I'm 18 and just finished my freshmen year in college. I don't know why it is, but in about a day I really started to like her. I've been in college since September and have yet to really feel something like that for a girl my own age in all that time.

I guess the slight problem I have with all of this is that I end up feeling like I shouldn't get close to girls that are a few years younger. I don't know what their parents would think, or how it would affect things if I were away at school most of the time.

I'm really just using this topic as a place to vent some thoughts I've had over the past 3 days, but any advice or ideas are welcome.

hey man im 17 and i like this chick thats 14, it happens.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It might "happen" but I don't advise you to pursue girls that much younger Blueraven. If her parents object, there will be issues with you being a legal adult while she is a minor.

Also, as a mom, I can tell you I wouldn't let my 15 year old date an 18 year old. Nor would I let her date a 17 year old at the age of 14. It's nothing personal; you boys are just at different stages in your lives.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha why not vashti.. i have always dated younger girls. from a guy's pov.. i believe it's because girls tend to mature faster, roughly a couple of years. however, i am also guilty of this.. i'm always attracted to the younger girls.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

hear hear :

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    True, they are more mature mentally, but they are not more mature physically, and you boys are all out for sex. I don't want my kid being your semen dumpster. Girls get PREGNANT, you know, and girls that age are at an increased risk of getting cervical cancer because of sex.

Besides, she isn't allowed to date till she is 16.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I'm tending to agree with the other guys but you do have a point Vashti. If I do try to "pursue" her, I wouldn't ask her to defy her parents anyway... which from what I know of her already I doubt she'd be willing to do. And I'm not just out for sex, but a lot of guys are.. thus the unescapable stereotype.

On a side note, I believe she'll be 16 soon.

I personally don't want to date with a girl too young... it's might because i'm old (22) he.e. But i don't want to mess up their life and also my. Most of the younger (under 18) still need more time to understand what's love, and what they need in their life...
    Love is nothing. But Nothing is nothing
    [URL="http://www.rewards2life.com"]www.Rewards2life.com - Online saving, coupons & deals[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.thisisyourip.info"]www.Thisisyourip.info - The fastest IP address checker[/URL]

This is completely natural. Most young people look up to older people and younger girls especially seem unrealistically drawn to older guys. When it's LEGAL it can be fun for a variety of reasons but having dated younger girls I'd have to say that unless you want your life to be generally terminally boring intermixed with 'fun' then forget it!! Ok that part is bareable but seriously young girls (like young guys I suppose) aren't mature enough to handle real issues in life and WHEN (not IF) something goes wrong you'll wish you were talking to someone your own age.

I've pretty much decided that I'm not going to let age get in the way. I'm gonna try to get to know this girl a little better and if I decide I really do like her then I'll take things from there. To hell with age difference... I've had it come up way too much in the past year and it's stopped me from pursuing some girls I probably should have.

Go for it man, take one for the team of guys who like em young

Love doesn't depend on age. 15 and 18 might seem like a lot now but it really isn't. I am 29 and my bf is 37. When we are together I don't even notice the difference. I do however like to tease him once in awhile about the fact that the year he graduated high school, I was in grade 3 haha.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_thing23
    Love doesn't depend on age. 15 and 18 might seem like a lot now but it really isn't. I am 29 and my bf is 37.
    It's not the actual age difference in years that bothers me... the whole legal adult at 18 thing is the bigger issue for me in all this. Most of my friends are at least a year younger then me anyway so I wouldn't really feel out of place if I were to eventually date her. I realize that in the long run 3 years is nothing.

I've made up my mind though. Age isn't going to stop me this time.

sorry I don't know much about legal age and stuff. In Canada legal age of consent is 14 I believe. I think it varies in different countries and states.

Well....you could go with the whole what they dont know wont hurt em routine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast