+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is he using me?

Is he using me?

I am in a huge predicament and am so confused. I will try to make this as brief as possible but it is a somewhat lengnthy story. I really need advice. I met a guy several months ago and we were aqauintenes. Had a ball together at parties and such. He was the sweetest, most gentlemanly, fun guy. He moved in with a friend of mine who btw had been involved with him some time before i met him. He and I started to hang out and I had never been treated so great. This has gone on for 3 months. I let him stay at my house overnight, we saw each other everyday. And he was a perfect guest. Always offering to help around the house and such. I let him use my car since his was wrecked and took him to and from work. I'm just that kind of woman. He took care of everything. We were great partners together. The catch..... We seldom had sex. It just wasn't important to him I guess. I am a very sexually charged person, but delt with the issue of him not being that way. This is the first person I have truly liked in 4 years. I am 31 and he is 23. Another catch, when asked where our relationship was going, he either refused to talk about it, or said that we were friends. I finally told him i needed to know if we were going to be just friends, so that I would know i could date other people, and not give so much of myself to him or if we were going to take it up a notch. He told me to give him some time while I was away on vacation. I gave him that. I came back and he said he was ready. Everything was amazing. Then we had a miscommunication which was my fault and i apologized. He just started treating me different and would not let me explain my side of anything. A complete turnaround from the guy I have been seeing. No we are not together and he being a complete ass. I am finding out from his roomate my friend that he did the exact same thing to her and is now drinking all the time and staying out until all hours. I don't know what happened.

I don't know what happened either, because you should have asked your roommate about this on day one.

I've always wished men came with reviews, and you had one right there all the time that could have saved you a lot of time.

My opinion- he's a wierdo. You're too old for him anyway. Confront and sever with him, and move on to someone your own age who might be available for a real relationship.

Guys remember this ? [url]http://www.loveforum.net/showthread.php?t=9596[/url] thats the guy!!!!!!
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

I did tell her that evry way in which he behaved he said the same things to me his actions were the same towards me. Same shit different day. I want him gone!!!!!!!
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

his and blue's situation was similar but not exactly the same as ours Or maybe that is what i want to believe. The age difference was not important to me, up until this issue came up, he was very mature acting for his age. Blue is very honest with me but i will say that she tried to look at the bright side of things as well for my sake. He was just so great to me and then poof, it changed. I don' t know if i should try to talk to him about this or just leave it alone. i know what blue says, i've heard it all day. lol.

He was great during Stage One, the pre-commitment stage. You wanted to know where the relationship was going, and I think he's making it pretty clear.

Now you need to take care of yourself.

his new buddy to use is a guy and its got me thinking that hes gay. i mean most guys his age want to have sex with women he diditn want to have sex with me and he didint want to have sex with her so i just dunnooooo

he isn't gay.

Sounds 2 me like you might not have been the only one he was seein......

Sounds 2 me like you might not have been the only one he was seein......

I know that I was the only one he was seeing until I went on vacation. When I came back, he said he was ready or a us to be exclussive and then, this stupid miscommunication and we both blew it out of porportion. Then he used that as we were done. Things were ok before then.

Sounds to me that the age gap is too much for him. He likes having you on the sidelines but he doesn't want to get relationally involved with someone your age.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

he has dated older women before, but i am finding out that he does the same thing to every girl he gets involved with. I guess i found out my answer, but why do men act this way?

i just hate that this was the first guy i have actually liked or wanted to be involved with in 4 years and he bullshitted me completely.

Quote Originally Posted by blondie
    i just hate that this was the first guy i have actually liked or wanted to be involved with in 4 years and he bullshitted me completely.
    And what does that tell you about you? It tells me you let him bullshit you. You're too old to play the ingenue.

It tells me you don't really want to be with someone, or you wouldn't have chosen someone so unsuitable for you, who you had been warned about anyway.

Why don't you find someone else?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast