+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I be upset about this or not?

Wednesday morning -

Did she call or text Steve?

Does the Christmas girl know that you have a new girlfriend (just wondering cuz if she is coming for a weekend and doesn't know, she may have her expectations up?).

Quote Originally Posted by blackiesharley
    Wednesday morning -

Did she call or text Steve?
    Well we are not on calling terms yet but yes she did txt me i went to bed and could not sleep so i went and looked at my phone and there was a text there so it looks like i was worrying over nothing again you and others must think i am a right head case still after a few texts i was ok again and had a good nights kip i dont know why i let it get to me so mutch thow over a simpole text. Was reading all the other posts and it seems that you suspect her using cocaine hope this is not the case! I would not know what to look out for Personaly

Quote Originally Posted by clynn
    Does the Christmas girl know that you have a new girlfriend (just wondering cuz if she is coming for a weekend and doesn't know, she may have her expectations up?).
    Clynn, Xmas girl, although she called me last week out of the blue was not planning on coming in this weekend, in fact she's actually (and ironically) in Southern California for a week visting her Aunt.

I will always truly love her as a friend. She popped into my life when I really needed someone, like an angel. Actually, that's her name 'Angele', wierd huh? After 35 years in L.A. knowing everybody (almost litterly) then moving to a small town in Alabama, I was totally alone until she came into the picture by accident.

Yes, there was a time that I thought that perhaps there could be a future for us together, but it's best that she and I remain 'Brother and Sister.' If she called me tonight and said 'I need a ride to the hospital and $5000 cash for an operation,' I'd be in the car in two minutes. As would she for me I'm sure.

Great person, just not 'the one' for me romantically. I can't begin to tell you how much I love and cherish her as a friend. But on any other level, it's just not there. And she's beautiful. (Think the singer Sheryl Crowe.) But it's just not there...

What she did over Xmas was trying to please everyone and ended up pleasing nobody. She meant well. No malice intended on her part.

Meanwhile, a very nice day with my lady, lot's of good communication (almost all that she initiated) and laughter, a little bit of heavy talk at the same time, (nothing too major) and she hasn't canceled our weekend yet.

All seems good so far...
    Last edited by blackiesharley; 01-06-06 at 08:08 AM.

Sorry, blackie, I didn't mean to insinuate anything. I thought you had said in an earlier posting that your friend Angele was coming to visit you June 9th, and I wondered if she knew that you had a new girlfriend. that's all.

You're very lucky, all these beautiful women in your life!

Quote Originally Posted by clynn
    Sorry, blackie, I didn't mean to insinuate anything. I thought you had said in an earlier posting that your friend Angele was coming to visit you June 9th, and I wondered if she knew that you had a new girlfriend. that's all.

You're very lucky, all these beautiful women in your life!
    I think you're right, despite all the drama, at least I do have 'activity.' I appreciate that factor especially when I read other posts along the lines of 'where can I meet someone?' or 'I'll never get a date' type subjects. Don't misunderstand me, I've been there too! I know that pain all too well.

But it wasn't until I woke up one morning and realized that I had to get off my lazy ass and get out there and meet new people. It takes effort and work but unless the pizza delivery girl/guy happens to be your soulmate you don't make connections sitting at home watching TV. Take a class. Learn a new hobby or sport. Go to church. Yes even go to bars and nightclubs. (Nice people go to bars too) Anything. Just GO where there are people. Time proven tactic.

Back to the current situation. June 9th the girl (not Xmas girl) I was seeing before my current is passing through town on a trip. Yes, she knows I'm seeing someone else and she told me that she's met some guy too that she's seeing casually. That's OK. We'll hang out. Keep it lite. I do like her, but I'm a very loyal guy and I'm totally devoted to taking my current situation as far as it goes, despite the 'potential' problem I mentioned above.

its amazing how you can feel so elated and excited about a person and then well its something else thats cool
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

Quote Originally Posted by blue
    its amazing how you can feel so elated and excited about a person and then well its something else thats cool
    I DO have a circut breaker on my heart. It's call self-protection. I suprise myself sometimes how I can run so hot and cold.

Too much pain over the years will do that to you.

yeah the pain and the experience to k now when something is good for you or actually not, whne you can tell the difference its such huge advancment
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

yeah the pain and the experience to k now when something is good for you or actually not, whne you can tell the difference its such huge advancment
    I'm not sure I'm at that advancement stage yet Blue, I'm thinking my 'circut breaker' is set too low. Gotta take people at face value and realize they're only human.

That's why I take these 'time outs' that I speak about so often and come here to rant. I'd rather de-compress, think about things and say nothing rather to say something that I'll regret out of emotion.

If it looks like a pout, I'm sorry, it's not, but so be it. I know myself well enough to know when to sit back and relax. Take a deep breath.

I'm in that mood at this very moment...

That's why I take these 'time outs' that I speak about so often and come here to rant. I'd rather de-compress, think about things and say nothing rather to say something that I'll regret out of emotion.

If it looks like a pout, I'm sorry, it's not, but so be it. I know myself well enough to know when to sit back and relax. Take a deep breath.

I'm in that mood at this very moment...

this is a coping skill that many people lack and you got it. you got it and thats alot

the way i feel about people latley is well............................. you dont want to know

the way i feel about people latley is well............................. you dont want to know
    I probably already do know, same as me. LOL.

However, all looks good for our weekend. At THIS particular moment.

I probably already do know, same as me. LOL.

However, all looks good for our weekend. At THIS particular moment.
    Pleased that all is going well so far matey

Background in twenty words or less... (OK maybe a few more)

My girlfriend and I have become VERY close, average 10 emails and ten phone calls a day, have hinted to each other about something permanent. We're semi - long distance. She lives 3 hours away and we have a standing date every weekend, for several logistical reasons it's best for her to come here. She's cool with that.

Weekend before last she said she was sick and couldn't make it. I understood that 100% but then a strange thing happened. She stopped returning my calls all weekend. Called Monday and said she when she was taking a bath, her phone rang, she dropped it in the tub, it shorted out and erased my stored number. Hmmm... ? After all this time she should have known it, makes me wonder a little.

Last Thursday I called to get a shopping list for the weekend and asked 'What would you like me to fix for our dinners?' Her answer was that she couldn't make it because she had to do laundry and house cleaning. OK, I know she has a full schedule during the week but I guess I expressed some disappoint in my voice and she got a little upset. (Just a little)

Now today, I ask her about this coming weekend and she goes 'well, I meant to tell you that I've been invited to my friends birthday party and I can't make it.' I said nicely 'OK, I understand.'

I DO understand that when a relationship begins you can't abandon your friends and I would never ask her to do that of course, but if the shoe were on the other foot, I would rather be with her than my friends, they would understand.

Something's fishy here, something seems to have faded on her part. I'm starting to wonder...

Opinions?
    She is trying to dump you. In fact she may have already moved on. But she is too much of a "nice girl" to tell you straight up.

Quote Originally Posted by Freethinker
    She is trying to dump you. In fact she may have already moved on. But she is too much of a "nice girl" to tell you straight up.
    So that's why she calls and emails me at least 10-12 times a day to the point where I almost know every time she goes to the bathroom? I don't think so.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast