+ Follow This Topic

Thread: No Contact on someone who isn't your GF

No Contact on someone who isn't your GF

Hi All,

I’ll try to make this to-the-point as possible. I had a girl on my team leave for another job (yes, I was her boss but I’m one of the younger directors - we’re 5/6 years apart). She worked for me for a year and we had a great relationship (professional). As time progressed we got friendlier but I didn’t think much of it. 3 weeks before she had to leave. I started developing feelings (I ignored them for a bit). I think she did too b/c we talked about family, our dating lives, marriage ( this was in-context to hypothetical beings which were clearly meant to represent us), goals, etc. I avoid these kinds of conversations with other coworkers and member of my team but with her, I felt comfortable.

Basically on her last day, I realized I really liked her. We ended up texting a lot after that (about a month and a half). I wanted to give her time to settle-in to her new job. 2 months pass and I tried to hangout with her. She pushes it back a month and says she’s not ready since she’s really busy with work. So I reach out a month later, she says her summer is booked since her best friend is moving and she basically has every weekday/weekend planned. She did back her unavailability with legitimate excuses and I realize I’m not exactly her priority.

After she said she’d let me know and I quote “the friendship is important to her and to trust that she’ll reach out” to me, I then went no contact (kinda). I stopped texting her (right after she said she'll let me know) but did watch some of her insta-stories, liked a picture. She also sees my stories as well. Lately, I’ve gone full no-contact (no texting, insta-stories, or liking pictures). Is this a wise move? Am I in the friend-zone?

Just to add, she doesn’t live too far from me. She also knew I was moving to a new place but never asked how my move went. We have hearts over to eat other on Instagram once. She broke up with her BF like 4 months ago and it was a serious relationship since she still has his pictures up on her profile.

Any advise would be great. I know there is a lot of context is missing.

There really is no real advice to give. You did the right thing by going no contact and hopefully move on. She's obviously not romantically interested.

she has no interest in you even as a platonic friend based on your narrative of her responses to you
    Bunny

it will be ok