+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What to do?

What to do?

My girlfriend has just said she fel the need to have sex with other guys, shes not had the freedom of being single and she has a load of curiosity that she needs to release. 3some / 4somes i can deal with...but her on her own with another guy? i dont know what to do....shes basically said that it is going to happen. She knows i'm finding it hard to accept and deal with. is this something a lot of girls have? should i let her and hope i can move on with it or is it a sign that our time is up? Her best friend thinks she should go for it and get it out ofher system....

btw, she is suffering depression at the moment nad has been prone to self harm...what do i do?!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you are uncomfortable with this behavior, then break things off with her so you can preserve your self-respect. Tolerating behavior you disapprove of will put you in a position to hate yourself, which is never good.

BTW - her depression issues will not be your problem, either. If you are seriously worried, let her parents know of your concern and let them handle it. That's what parents are for.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Sounds like she's on a downward spiral. You don't have to go with her.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah never do anything/or go along with anything your not comfortable with. If she wants that sexual freedom......let her go and have it. But just make it clear to her that you won't be waiting for her when shes done...
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

I'm sure someone will disagree with me on this. I really don't mind, I am entitled to my opinion on what information is in front of me.

Let me also say that I am quite comfortable with my sexuality, & I am an open minded person. Also, I am not here to judge.

I won't pretend to know your girlfriend or her issues!

However... I do not see this as "normal" behavior. Obviously, if she has been diagnosed with depression, then she does indeed have issues. If she had expressed feeling the need to casually date or explore her feelings for you that would be a better way of putting it. Or her saying that she wants to try the single life, that is also fine! She simply told you that she wanted SEX with other MEN! What a blow! I would want answers! I would want out, but I would want answers.

You asked if you should "let her", not sure what you meant by "let"... I don't think you should "let" yourself stand by while she is out having sex with other men. No way should you put up with that! This girl is no longer committed to the relationship.

And what "load of curiosity" do you speak of? The curiosity of being with other men? I think that is just a shit answer.

My advice is let her sort her own problems out. Sorry to sound so harsh, but that was a huge statement for her to make that she wants sex with other men.

If a raindrop was a kiss, I'd send you a shower.
    If a hug was a second, I'd send you an hour.
    If smiles were water, I'd send you the sea.
    And if love was a person, I'd send you me.