+ Follow This Topic

Thread: no car can u date and 25 adn no experince in dating

no car can u date and 25 adn no experince in dating

i asked ppl on this and other forums asking "can you date if you have no car", majority of the respnders have said YEs you can. they are dating you and not ur car,take transit if you live in a populated area- i live in vancouver,bc.
    i'm 25 my folks have one car and dad uses it all teh time. i was goin to school full time, with the costs of a car, insurance and yes yes gas prices who can afford a car unless folks pay for it. a reasonable price car without breaking down fast is like 7,000 second hand, insurance is 1,300/yr, and gas price now are like $$$$. till i find a real career and good paying job-it means no car. my folks are also very parnoid and over protective about drivng-accidents and getting hurt driving. i asked my folks and they said they won't buy me a car. i didn;t get my license till i was like 23-no point we only had one car in the family and my folks weren't willing to buy another one.

so what do i do wait till i'm 35 and date.lol

i knew some guy-classmates in college who didn't have cars and dated and had gfs. i guess every girl is different.

anyways what do u learn in dating in HS-i can fake experince. anyways i was told by someone in another forum to lie about my age-so they have less expectations like no car, less money as if ur 25 they expect more from u, as if you say ur 22 or 21 its more acceptable and date younger girls. hey i'm asian why not use what u have-younger looks -lol . also i dress younger too -sporty and spiking my hair.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't think lying is a good idea, and I think whether or not a girl expects you to have a car is very much regional. No one in New York has a car, for example, but you would never get a date in Los Angeles with no car.

I suggest if you choose to date, and it is considered normal to have a car at your age in Vancouver, you might consider taxis rather than public transportation.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah don't lie... I mean if a guy was to explain to me his situation that he chose furthering his career over having a car, then I would understand that he did the RIGHT thing.
    Yes, you did do the right thing!. Cuz honestly a career will get you alot further in the long run....and then you can afford a car eventually ....alot easier..

I have dated guys who didn't have cars... I mean yes its nice to find a guy who does.....(especially since I have a car and a truck). But the circumstances surrounding WHY he doesn't have one.... makes a big difference. Example, If he has no job or no ambition to go anywhere in life and just wants to rely on mommy and daddy the rest of his life(being my age 24-or older)....then that would rule him out. Or if he had one but totaled it SEVERAL TIMES doing something really stupid and caused a bad accident, then that ALso rules him out.(yes i dated a guy in this situation but I would never again...)

Gas is expensive....so yeah your not missing out. If the girl really likes you for you and not for material things..she will still give you a chance...
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....