+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh no, I am turning into a possessive maniac

Oh no, I am turning into a possessive maniac

Ok, I just became "exclusive" with this guy and I really really like him. Now, I am feeling very possessive. When he tells me about going abroad on a trip over a weekend to visit his parents, I suspect he might be visiting a long distance girlfriend or something.

I am afraid of turning into a maniac who become suspicious of everything he does.

Help
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Check yourself into mental hospital.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

LOL. Well, that was helpful.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

You are just falling in love....it will pass.

Thanks Smackie. lol.

I have a feeling this one is special.

Then realize that all you an do is getting to know him
    .either you trust or you might as well not be in a relationship
    Either you want him to be happy and have fun
    Or you might as well get yourself a slave

Sometimes you can't help how you feel. The thing is, it sounds like he has done nothing to make you legitimately concerned about anything like that. You can't necessarily help your feelings... but you CAN help how you do or don't act upon them. It gets easier with practice... but what you have to be able to do is learn to better recognize when you are just worrying yourself over nothing and when you have legitimate reasons for concern.

This seems mostly likely like a time you are worrying over nothing. And that WILL get better over time, so long as he proves trustworthy. You are still early into the relationship. I completely understand your paranoia. Don't beat yourself up too much... but don't beat him up either.

In time, hopefully he will prove to be trustworthy and that should help you not to worry so much.

Good luck.

I am sorry because i realized that my post (tho correct in information) doesn't help you

So here it comes:
    What do you want in regards to him?
    What would your ideal idea of a relationship be?

Update. He is very good at making me feel secure. Very open about sharing about where he is.

I recently dated a guy who told me he had cheated on his former wives and girlfriends. Then I was insecure and accused him of cheating over going up to a week or more without contacting me. He set me up to distrust him. I now think it was fear of commitment. If he gives you red flags realize it may be a phobia and the relationship may be impossible to force it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    He is very good at making me feel secure. Very open about sharing about where he is.
    fearoflove: "Where are you honey?"
    Him: "Im in your pussy to be honest"
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    fearoflove: "Where are you honey?"
    Him: "Im in your pussy to be honest"
    What's that suppose to mean?

I think you must have been very hurt or cheated on by someone you loved and trusted and that is why you are feeling this way without him giving you possibly any reason to think something might be up. It will take time to get past that feeling, but would pass quicker if you maybe talk to him about it and later on and how pass relationships affected you? Try not to think the worse and push a good one away.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by CantMoveOn View Post
    I think you must have been very hurt or cheated on by someone you loved and trusted and that is why you are feeling this way without him giving you possibly any reason to think something might be up. It will take time to get past that feeling, but would pass quicker if you maybe talk to him about it and later on and how pass relationships affected you? Try not to think the worse and push a good one away.
    Oh, I have never been cheated on or at least that I am aware of. But this relationship is long distance and it's kind of hard to keep track of him and ensuring he doesn't have any other relationships. Don't want this happening:

Now, I am having thoughts about baby making with him and putting my first name with his last name to see how it sounds. Help!
    Last edited by fearoflove; 23-09-18 at 03:51 AM.

Update: Is it weird to be having thought of him impregnating me. I think my heart is going to explode.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast