+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love and relationship advice

Love and relationship advice

I�ve been dating this guy for 7 months it�s been a whirlwind we went on holiday together and everything seemed great apart from occasional disagreement , but nothing too major
    About 2 weeks ago he broke down crying saying he not sure how he feels and that we need to move on it was out of no where like I said we had disagreement but got over them quite quickly.
    So I thought we had broke up he texted me an hour later telling me he�s thinking about me and needs time to himself for a little while.

I may be too understanding but I�m letting him have time I really respect him as a person and he is kind and caring more so than any other man I�ve met so if he needs time I�m willing to let him have it

He told me communication and seeing each other will need to cut down because taking time apart you need to decide where you could go with or without each other and how you will cope

I agreed but since he said that he hasn�t stopped speaking to me everyday since and seen me every weekend so far like nothing to much has changed.

He also said he can see a future with me but still needs time to himself because if he doesn�t he thinks the relationship will defiantly be over because he is going through a lot right now

As you can see extremely confused by all of this it seems to have come out of no where and he�s still taking to me all day everyday and still wants to see me

I�m also mentioning everything been on his terms because I don�t want to seem needy I have told him I�m not going to wait too long , I�ve also asked openly is this because of someone else , do you not love me , do you want to prolong a breakup he had told me no it�s just time for him to think which I know isn�t good but I have chose to accept it

I don�t know what all of this means can someone help me decifer what all of this means

It seems like he still have emotions for you and that he loves you but that the sparkle of the relationship is slowly dying. If he still speaks to you everyday he don't want you to go away. I think you're doing the right thing by giving him SOME time but not too much. Tell him that he has to decide after 1 week what he wants or option 2: try to do something nice to get the sparkle back!

Best of Luck!

He did say that he promised me to speak to me everyday while taking time and that he would still see me we have cut it down it’s not hours and hours everytime I’m just worried that he doesn’t want to have a relationship with me it’s hard he’s going out tonight and it’s first time he’s going out while we’re on break so I’m a little bit nervous I trust him but at the same time his mind could be in different setting right now

Don't worry or think because you want your needs met too you are being needy, you are not. He isn't being fair and needs to be honest because it sounds like he is stringing you along. Can you unexpectedly show up at his place, no prior notice and see for yourself what is going on with him?
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lovebroken For This Useful Post:

We broke up last Sunday he basically said he wasn’t being fair on me but he still wants to talk to me and still wants to see me over the weekends he also stated he’s not doing because he feels bad or feels sorry for me he’s doing it because he still cares and I’m important to him I just get so confused really with all of It I’ve tried distancing myself not talking to him as much and just being distant in general but he talks to me first and he still sees me first and keeps asking if it’s ok that we still speak to each other but then he will change his attitude and when I reply he distant but not reply straight away just replies when he feels like it it’s really difficult don’t know what to do

Go no contact period. You can never be too sure about what a guy has going on in the background. It's possible he's married or has a GF. If this is true then his behavior would make sense wouldn't it.

Like I always say, date those who treat you the way you want to be treated. This guy is messing with you....kick him to the curb and stop talking to him. You deserve better than this.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to smackie09 For This Useful Post: