+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Rejection or being polite?

Rejection or being polite?

Been talking to this girl online for a while, but have yet to meet in person. I just came back from a short vacation, and got some exotic snacks that I thought I could probably share with her, which she said was "really cool". But when I asked her when she's free, she said she's "a little busy this week". She added that she feels "embarrassed" for receiving something from me, and suggested that I could save some to eat for myself.

Does this sound like a rejection, or is she being polite? Where do I take it from here?

I think you are jumpi9ng too fast. You havent met yet and you already want to give her exotic snacks. She dont deserve that. Meet 2-3 times and then give them to her. Otherwise you are just being stranger who offering her sweets. Perhaps parents told her when she was a kid - dont take anything from strangers, lol. First of all ask for her time - ask her to meet you. IF shes willing you give time from her busy life then afterwards she might be ready to recieve something from you.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Yup it is.........

Maybe, maybe not. I think the only thing we can say it DEFINITELY means is she's not yet completely comfortable accepting things from you. ...Which makes sense if you two haven't even met in person yet.

Now, you tried to set up a time for you two to meet and she said she was busy. Could that be her trying to reject you without hurting your feelings? ...Sure it could ....It could also mean she was actually busy. If you told us you'd asked her several times and every time she has some excuse... yeah, then I'd say she's not interested and you would be better off moving on.

I would definitely suggest you keep in mind that MAYBE it was her just trying to politely reject you.... but at the same time, give it a try again maybe once or twice more. Because, again, maybe she legitimately just WAS busy that week. Maybe another week she'll have time. If she keeps coming up with excuses, then better to move on.

Good luck.

What keeps you from being direct with her about how you are interested in her and would like to get to know each other in person?

Have you never seen her on video chat or in person before? That might be the issue not the snacks.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

does she ask you questions about you? or are you doing all the asking and she's just responding?
    does she initiate conversations with you? or are you the one always having to start the conversation?

all the first questions on each line are her interested in you.
    all the 2nd questions on each line are her being polite to you.

if you want to find out just ask her and see if she says yes or no (ultimately).
    or.. get to know her better and feel a rapprot with her and like she's engaging back and when and if she is and being responsive, then ask her out.

good luck.

Agreed with what all the others have had to add. Why waste your time wondering? Just be direct about your interest, ask her out, and if she continues to make excuses/not be interested, take that as a hint to move on.

Asking her out one time and she's too busy... I could understand why you're not sure if she's actually busy or just letting you down easily. So, just remove the doubt. If it goes well, great, if she always has some excuse, don't waste too much time. Good luck.

Yup, agree with those that say to ask directly. Ask her out - give her the benefit of the doubt for a couple of postponements, but if that becomes a pattern of promises into future but no meet, then cut it.
    This is how the most incredible woman got me https://sheunderstandsme.wordpress.com/

Just sounds like she didn't want to see you in person for whatever reason, busy, dating another, upset at you, IDK. Have you seen her since?

Bnme90

I think you have probably gone a bit too fast. Noting wrong with liking her that much, but you have missed a few steps out and jumped a bit too far ahead. Why don't you make the most of the situation and say that you have realised that you may have gone a but fast and that you have made the realisation. She would appreciate that surely, everyone makes mistakes and you were only trying to be nice.