+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This board is reaching all new levels of inactivity

Thanks to those of you who ARE still around. I haven't QUITE given up on this site. I have just been very busy the past few weeks. I'll admit, though. I'm basically hanging on by a thread right now. I'll put up with a lot and power through. I dealt with all the spam crap and stuff like that and stuck it out. I'll keep coming back because there will be people who want advice and I want to try to help them.

...But what I CAN'T tolerate is there suddenly being nothing to respond to anymore. If no new members are joining to ask for advice, then there are no new threads to respond to at all. It used to be where there'd be several new threads in the main forum each day and several responses to threads that had been ongoing.

Lately, I'll come back after missing A FEW DAYS in a row and there is maybe one response in the main board and no new threads at all. If there's next to nothing to do here then why bother to come back? I'm hoping if we stick it out for a while things will turn around, but I am starting to lose hope in this site.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheEvilJester For This Useful Post:

WB, TheEvilJester. Decided to use this account too since a lot of members are not on -new and old posting. I'll rotate accounts until admin gets rid of it
    Everyone knows it's me anyhow, LOL.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mellyann For This Useful Post:

Still a ghost town with only a few long time ghosts appearing and no new spirits... Boo! Got a free day today and thought I say hi to the regulars and see how things are going around here...happy weekend to all.

Quote Originally Posted by dollhouse View Post
    Still a ghost town with only a few long time ghosts appearing and no new spirits... Boo!
    Umm... excuse me. I'm a demon, thank you. LOL!

Kidding. (Or AM I? Mwuuhahahahahahah!!!!)

I made a 20 character password because the whole thing is annoying & really not convenient ~ why do regulars need this 20 character password? we are not bots or spammers.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

i haven't had to change my password to the 18 characters on yet, hopefully, the forum or my browser can recall it for me, because i know i won't.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

I pop in here once in awhile, I see it's pretty dead. I miss the chat box where everyone can chat in real time.

As for the complainer about LS. You are not using the site properly. Those sub forums are injected automatically, and it still takes you back to the dating forum. You don't have to go to the main forum menu every time. If you spend more time there you will see it's just more efficient than other sites. It's faster paced and a very active community. I get it change is hard and this site used to be so grand, but you are living in the past.....time to move on lol.

The sub-forums are created automatically? That is confusing and doesn't make sense. Maybe it makes sense once you are used to it. I dunno. So, is it easy enough that you can highlight which are the most frequently used ones? Like here we have the main love advice forum, the "Off Topic" board, and then some of the ones like the ones about movies and stuff that get frequent use.

Then there are the sub-forums (like as a woman, ask a man, etc.) that do get some use, but not as much. When I was looking at LoveShack there were SO many sub-forums it was confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    The sub-forums are created automatically? That is confusing and doesn't make sense. Maybe it makes sense once you are used to it. I dunno. So, is it easy enough that you can highlight which are the most frequently used ones? Like here we have the main love advice forum, the "Off Topic" board, and then some of the ones like the ones about movies and stuff that get frequent use.

Then there are the sub-forums (like as a woman, ask a man, etc.) that do get some use, but not as much. When I was looking at LoveShack there were SO many sub-forums it was confusing.
    TheEvilJester this reply will show up in your email, hopefully you changed and opted for that on here. But, can you not log on at all? Do what my IT friend told me to do pick an online proxy from your country, maybe even area, or get as close as possible and try that to log in to here with, I did that. Otherwise, I was not able to log in with ip used here on any tablet, desktop or phone. It says the certificate is invalid but owner renewed certificate in Nov that is why the forum was still up, so how did that watch marketplace take over certificate? I sent admin message day I got warning was over a week ago and nothing has been fixed and no reply. I looked at every other online relationship website and ONLY this one is always messed up. To post in big threads it logs you out, so you have to hit quote and it gives you sign in data again and then takes you back to big thread and you can post.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

He hasn't logged in since Nov 29th, lovebroken.

I've been gone for a while, but I won't be sticking around, in case that Kiwi headcase resurfaces and spams up the forums again. It's kind of a waste of time when you contact an ISP's 'abuse department' and nobody takes your complaints seriously...or they say they will only investigate the issue if you call their local police. Yet they obviously know you (the complainer) is an international caller, so it's hard getting them to take action.

Yeah, I was away for a while. I don't want to say why...but I know most people who have followed my prior posts will know why that is. But I did notice this troll was moving my Wikia pages while I was gone and trying to mess them up. He has taken up residence at the Acting Wiki, under the name of "Theweescottishlass". He frequently makes new accounts, edits or vandalizes pages I contribute to, then manually closes these accounts, or gets them banned, only to return with new ones. Sigh.

Honestly: Some people just don't have a life. He also subscribes to my YouTube profiles with hidden accounts and blocking someone doesn't stop them receiving notifications, but I know he has been active on people's videos where they have been mocking me for previously defending a Resident Evil fan called Nemesis, and he is posting under the name of James Slayer, referring to me as 'Toothbrush Boy' and a gimp. His profile seems to be otherwise empty. What a God damn weirdo nonetheless...

Quote Originally Posted by lovebroken View Post
    TheEvilJester this reply will show up in your email, hopefully you changed and opted for that on here. But, can you not log on at all? Do what my IT friend told me to do pick an online proxy from your country, maybe even area, or get as close as possible and try that to log in to here with, I did that. Otherwise, I was not able to log in with ip used here on any tablet, desktop or phone. It says the certificate is invalid but owner renewed certificate in Nov that is why the forum was still up, so how did that watch marketplace take over certificate? I sent admin message day I got warning was over a week ago and nothing has been fixed and no reply. I looked at every other online relationship website and ONLY this one is always messed up. To post in big threads it logs you out, so you have to hit quote and it gives you sign in data again and then takes you back to big thread and you can post.
    I wasn't even able to access this site for a while. It is back now. Not sure what the Hell was going on, but it is typical of this site. During the time it was gone, I considered joining the LoveShack. I tried to sign up... but never got the verification e-mail you are supposed to get (and yes I checked my spam/junk folder). This after even a couple attempts. It finally arrived MUCH later.... but didn't work. A few e-mails to the admins (as SPECIFICALLY directed on the first time user instructions if having issues) and NOBODY responded. I finally eventually got it working myself.... but after that experience I am not sure if I have any intention of ever using that site anyway. Kind of soured me to the experience immediately.

Did you use an AOL email address? If so, I had a similar issue. Try using a different one, but avoid Google. It tracks you.

People are still using AOL these days? LOL! No. I use Yahoo Mail.

I noticed I was able to delete a lot of my AOL accounts, but there's a few I couldn't get into, as I lost the mobile numbers to get the verification codes. Oh dear!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12