+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This board is reaching all new levels of inactivity

This board is reaching all new levels of inactivity

Seriously! What the heck is going on? It used to be that if I missed even a day here I'd be literally buried under new posts trying to catch back up. This time around, I had a pretty busy week last week and didn't get her much. Then I happened to have schedule a day off for yesterday. I already tend not to be on over the weekend.

So, the last time I was here was either probably either Wednesday of Thursday of last week. May have even been Tuesday. I forget. I come back today (Tuesday) to find a few responses in the two off topic boards I visit and one... LITERALLY ONE new response in the main forum. This after DAYS not being able to visit.

What the heck is going on? Seriously. For a LONG time I have resisted the urge to join any other forums. I liked this forum, and it always provided me a little bit of a mental break here and there when I needed it. That and I don't really have time to bounce around a bunch of different forums. So I tend to like to focus on just one, maybe two at a time.

But, I have to admit, I am strongly considering joining another forum. I've been VERY reluctant to do so because doing that MIGHT mean not having time for this one anymore. I have been here so long I really don't want to do that, but I'm starting to ponder if I may have no choice.

Anyway... blah blah blah. Whatever. Just felt the need to rant.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheEvilJester For This Useful Post:

The threads still being out of order doesn't help and I assume the 18 character password is still in place and so NO NEW Members are joining( did the owner not realize that would Mainly deter real people who could have been potential members over deterring the 3-4 spammers we get? Spammers were not the issue, the fact no mods to delete the spam and spammers was the problem. Also, what happen to my account may have happened to others who have yet to log back in and also what happened to your account, neither should have happened and then you have all the regulars would reported, and made threads and tried to get owners attention to remove spammers who felt exhausted trying to help a forum that didn't appear to care about them at all. Just my thoughts on what you said and why I think. I don't know if the right word is symbiotic or not, but if there are no new members with problems to answer then there will be no old members logging in to answer them. Feeds off each other, one needs the other in sites like this.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CantMoveOn For This Useful Post:

Wonder if changing the websites name helped in less activity too? Why would the name be changed anyhow?

Looks like several logged in but never posted, not sure why you'd do that unless only using PMs.

Why'd we get a radio station but all real suggestions members asked to be fixed outside of avatars were ignored?

- - - Updated - - -

Looking around the board and at various accounts are people logging in and being blocked from posting like you previously were? Seems odd the forum just goes dead all people except a handful cease posting but still log in?
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lovebroken For This Useful Post:

Yeah, I am honestly baffled at some of the changes they have made in the recent past. They keep getting rid of helpful features. They keep making changes that make no sense and only make things worse. Like the default order of the threads suddenly changing to an order that doesn't make ANY sense at all. When have you EVER been to a message board where the default sort order is for the date when a thread first started, rather than the most recent post?

And the 18 character password?! Again... when have you EVER had ANY account that required such a complex password? My freaking bank account and credit card company don't require passwords even NEARLY that long. And why the name change? I seriously don't get that. Especially to such a weird name that could have an entirely different connotation than intended?

Don't get me wrong, after feeling like our complaints were being ignore for so long, it is nice to see them trying something to better the situation. But the measures they have tried make no sense. Especially when the solution COULD be so much simpler. We've even all suggested a solution ourselves, to appoint some moderators.

It is a shame, because I have always loved this forum. I don't WANT to have to leave. I've put up with a lot. But when nobody is participating anymore because they've all gotten fed up and left then there slowly becomes nothing to do here. If there's nothing to do here, then there's no point to keep coming.

My partner saw the site name in history on our shared computer at our home because I am erase history lazy haha and honestly thought I joined some hookup site LOLOLOLOL NO IDEA why...the website name was changed, so spammers cannot find it? Guess what new people looking for relationship advice forums won't find it now either.... Did someone did blocked who was creating LOTs of fake relationship problem accounts on here and that is why? I don't post in here regularly anymore because of lack of at least one moderator.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dollhouse For This Useful Post:

Yeah, that's actually a good point. New people just looking for love advice will probably Google things like "love forum," "love advice," etc. This forum probably still will come up in those search results.... but based on the new name they probably won't even give it a second glance. Especially with the other well know forum, the Love Shack also showing up in the results. This new name sounds more like a dating site at best, with other not so positive connotations also being possible.

I have to say, with this forum become so abandoned lately, I have given thought to joining the Love Shack. The thing is, to be perfectly honest.... I took one look and wasn't really a big fan of the format. Specifically there are just too many separate boards. I mean, I know here we have quite a few, but there are really just the few main ones. Including the main section for just general love advice.

At Love Shack there were so many different boards divided by different topics that I just found it confusing. Here, I mainly use the main forum to help people with advice and a couple of the more populated off-topic forums. I don't really have time to bounce around 800 different boards. LOL!

When that website closed a lot of its members flooded here and left when it came back up, not sure one of them outside of smackie9 stayed to help this smaller website out. Don't join enotalone my friend joined there a few years ago and she said she was shunned, women were hurtful and rude, vitcim blamed her, and it is over moderated where they ban readily unless old bitches who troll young women ( her words) and over the years lots came here who were treated badly or banned for no reason there. Why don't you yourself talk privately to the cyberadmin lol to add a family member as a mod here since he doesn't trust any of us for the job. All we need is 1.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lovebroken For This Useful Post:

Honestly, it seems too little too late. Hopefully I'm wrong and things pick up again. We have had periods of it being less active and then it picks up again.... but it has never been THIS bad. Plus, many of us have been saying for a while now that all we need is one or two moderators and things would be so much better. I'm pretty sure multiple people have even suggested as much direct to the admin.

But the 18 character passwords and the threads showing up in the wrong default order are what I think are killing this site slowly. Especially given the nature of this particular forum being one where A LOT of the content comes from new people stopping by temporarily just looking for advice. On other forums it might not be such a problem, but this is one that specifically relies on new people stopping by for a good amount of its content. It's a love advice forum. We need people stopping by looking for love advice.

Where'd Hoo go also?

Every time I log in I secretly hope the issues are fixed, and no, they are not!
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CantMoveOn For This Useful Post:

Well, I bet I can tell you why a few regulars have not been back and it probably has to do with what I just had to deal with.

My password was past the 360 plus days and forum told me to update it, so I was just to add a number to my old one and NO< NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
    Has to be 18 characters long, so begrudgingly make an18 character long p/w after thinking about what I want and then submit it and NO < NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Has to have at least 2 capitals and at least 2 numbers.

I spent 20 minutes dealing with this, what a waste of time and I can see how regulars and new people would just go **** it and not bother.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to topazlight For This Useful Post:

Hi all ~ Thank you, lovebroken. For PMing and caring/thinking/worrying about me. ((((hugs)))) I left because of all the spammers who had 10s of thousands posts & no one was removing them for a month. What are the site issues now?
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to breathe123 For This Useful Post:

I am back on this forum again after months. I thought this website was called http://www.loveforum.net/? I tried going there before but it was offline and i thought it was gone off the webs forever.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tildens For This Useful Post:

I'll thank people in Jester's absence. I hope you didn't abandon us OT'ers who still post? Some regulars don't post in other love sections anyhow because they felt most of the threads were created by a member trolling us, and the fact that that character change ahppened and all the new members stopped, makes me wonder.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lovebroken For This Useful Post:

TheEvilJester must've got fed up with the lack of new members and threads and took a break off here? I still post, I don't care, probably because I do not belong to any other forums. It has to be the password keeping new members away, what else can it be?
    ― Eckhart Tolle

25. The Following User Says Thank You to CantMoveOn For This Useful Post:

I had a lot going on and didn't have the time to come on. The last time I was on, everything was being taken over with some type of Asian language. When I decided to check back in, I couldn't remember the name of the site and was plugging all kinds if things into Google to find it.

I was able to find it under it's original name but, then had a hard time signing in. But, here I am and I am truly hoping EJ doesn't leave us. I have always loved his opinions and sensitivity. Also, as members, we have to chime in with our advice and opinions to the questions presented to us.

- - - Updated - - -

I am seeing now what EJ was talking about. I am reading questions that were posted back in August with no answers.
    I have come on here because I enjoy trying to help people. People won't ask for help and advice if none of us bothers to answer.

- - - Updated - - -

I just read this HUGE post because I felt bad it had gotten no reviews and when I got to the end, ready to share my wisdom, it said the thread was closed! This poor girl came here looking for advice and got nothing!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Snow White For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast