+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I contact him or let him?

Should I contact him or let him?

Was good friends and later dated a guy who I liked very much. We were together/dated for maybe 3 months. He then hurt me really badly after he had slept with our common friend. I felt disrespected and backstabbed and cut off all contact with them.

I have however felt after 2 months of not seeing each other that I want to be able to process and move on with what happened. I feel like I am not getting anywhere, I thought I would be over him by now but I am not.
    I have been told by others that he will contact me at some point but I am getting more unsure about that as he is very emotionally unavailable and when he tried to contact me 3 weeks after what he had done to me (in the middle of the night, probably drunk) I was not very open and only told him that I did not have anything to say to him.
    I don't know if that made him feel that he did not want to get "rejected" by me if contacting again (or he's just totally over and uninterested in me).
    He have been watching my insta stories lately (not that it says much but he obviously knows what I am up to).

I have felt more and more that I have the need to tell him that I do not hold any anger against him anymore and even if he hurt me I want to move on and I need to tell him this. I don't want to cut contact with him like this. We used to be good friends that enjoyed each others company.

Would it be dumb of me to contact him (Have been 1 and a half month since he tried to contact me)? Or should I just keep waiting to see if he'll contact me and to not give him the "power" in this...?

Keybludger, I think you have answered your own question, don't give him the power.

Good thinking.

I woudn't bother with this guy at all. He is not worth it because he was dishonest with you! There is no pardon for Dishonesty! And if he did it once, he would do it twice... You, as a woman, are worth a guy who treats you well and respects you for what you are!
    It's not worth the time and the energy. Forget about him. It's not easy, but in the long term it will pay off. Good luck!