+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I cannot be with the man of my dreams

I cannot be with the man of my dreams

I met the man of my dreams last year. I know that sounds silly but every time we are together every thing he does and says is like he and I were made for each other. We have the same taste in music, the same favorite movies, the same hobbies, the same religion, the same goals in life. We even have the same food allergies.

It seemed so perfect. We love spending time together and we both miss each other when we're apart. What could be better, right?

The only problem is, that after the first few months of us getting to know each other and me totally falling for him I found out he's gay. I completely still want to be friends because he makes me a better person, but it's been months now since I found out and I just don't know how to get over my feelings for him.

Any advice?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to stuckgirl For This Useful Post:

Why did he not tell you he was gay when he sensed you were into him in the beginning? Cruel to wait until months later to tell you that. Maybe he can fix you up with a straight friend of his that is similar to him in what he likes and you like and that match will work out for you? Did you find out by accident he was gay or he finally told you so?
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

you get over it by deciding its time to and doing it. taht's all there is to it. (not sayin git's easy or immediate... but literally that's all it comes down to and then letting it happen).
    sorry to hear this happened. there will be others.

Stuckgirl

What a thing to do to you. I do feel for you. I think you need him out of your life, he is not genuine and although you say that he makes you a better person, well I don't think you need him for that, I think you are the better person as you have been honest.

Try and retrain your brain, every time you think of him, replace the thought with something positive, for instance, I can meet someone better. I know that sounds like a silly solution compared to how you are feeling, because you have opened your heart to this man and he has disappointed you.

Thinking of you, big hugs xx

He was dishonest with you from the start and if I were you i would not forget that! If he is gay, there is nothing you can do about it. You have to accept it and move on. Meet other men, go on dates, do the things you like doing and try to have a full and enjoyable life. This will help you think less about him. It's not easy but it's good for you not to think about him and not to have contact with him.
    Good luck!

To forget someone, you need to start a new relationship. Then get distracted and forget the person. This option helps me more

That is sad, are you still able to be friends with him? Did he ever say why he withheld such crucial information from you?
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”