+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Christmas before Thanksgiving

Christmas before Thanksgiving

My hubby was very upset with me because I put out my Christmas decorations before turkey day (minus the tree). My neighbor has his whole house and yard decorated with the lights.

I saw Christmas decorations for sale as early as July! How do you feel about the early birds?

Ours is 14th, month previous but yours is a little over a month away from Christmas so can understand starting to decorate early for you all, over us here. I usually put my little tree and decor up the first week of December. I live in an apartment so I don't do lights outside but I do hang a Christmas wreath on my apartment door.

I always start my holiday decorating last week of November and keep it all up until mid-January. I hate taking it down. Love Christmastime.

For me, it depends on how you define early. I DO consider before Thanksgiving to be A TAD early to decorate for Christmas.... but I don't consider it offensively early to decorate for Christmas. As in I myself wouldn't decorate until after Thanksgiving... but I wouldn't care/mind if others did.

If you decorate for Christmas before Halloween... that I find annoying and much too early. For two main reasons... 1) I LOVE Halloween, so I take offense to people skipping over it. 2) It is, quite literally, just too damn early. LOL!

Selling them in July.... yeah, that's ridiculous.

I am always delayed on Christmas decorating and shopping but nothing wrong with getting started early if you want to.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

One of my idols, Mick Foley (the Hardcore Legend, Cactus Jack, Mankind, Dude Love, Mrs. Foley's Baby Boy, the 3 time WWE champion) loves Christmas so much he has a Christmas room in his house all year. One whole room just dedicated to Christmas.

Having a Christmas room sounds fun. Christmas is a time of year that seems to remind us to be kind and generous to each other.

happy thanksgiving, all.

i don't decorate at all, not even a tree anymore, i usually celebrate at my parents not my place so no need for me to put up a tree.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

I just bought a small dining table top tree yesterday with led light set, and I set it up, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter19 View Post
    happy thanksgiving, all.

i don't decorate at all, not even a tree anymore, i usually celebrate at my parents not my place so no need for me to put up a tree.
    That absolutely makes sense. It seems a little silly to decorate when it is just for you and nobody else is going to see it. All the same, I still put up my own tree. I don't know why, but I just wouldn't feel right NOT doing it. I enjoy doing it, I enjoy having it up for a little while. It feels like part of the Christmas season to me.

...But, again, I absolutely do not blame you for not bothering. It is slightly silly. I never really have anybody over my apartment, so myself and my cat are the only ones who will see it. LOL!

Funnily enough, didn't Kane once play a Christmas tree type character before he was a part of the WWF?

Quote Originally Posted by My Coffee Cup View Post
    Funnily enough, didn't Kane once play a Christmas tree type character before he was a part of the WWF?
    Yes, in Memphis. He was "The Christmas Creature." Ridiculous gimmick that didn't last very long because... you know.... characters like that or like Xanta Klaus (a Christmas character actually in the WWE back when it was WWF) don't make sense after the holidays. LOL!

Interesting tidbit... Anybody familiar with ECW's Ball Mahoney... he was Xanta Klaus prior to going on to greater things in ECW.