+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where did all the new members go?

Hi squad. Happy to see you all posting still.

I went through some employment changes, and just have been focusing a lot on personal goals.
    Overall, just kind of in a weird position in life. No traumatic or bad experiences happened, actually more good things! But I've just been re-examining things and re-evaluating who I am as a person, looking into new hobbies, etc,

I tried to login one day and the site had forgotten my password, and at that time, I had so much going on that I just felt kind of tired with all the spam, got a little burnt out of providing advice in the other sections, etc. That I just put it on the backburner.

Today I was actually just laying around and tried searching for the site. I initially thought the site got shutdown!!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, who's Mellyann? I don't recall that name from before, new account of an old user?
    Last edited by GLYC; 15-12-18 at 10:58 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GLYC For This Useful Post:

Hi, Glyc. It's my other account I had to make when the forum locked me out after it changed password requirements I think you were gone at that time. I switch between this account and mellyann to help fill the forum since it is ****ed recently and no new members.

WB Hope you come back, just post in Off topics and Movies section like most of us for now until admin fixes all the oddball glitches here.

What hobbies are you doing? Glad you are doing well. Happy upcoming Merry Christmas too.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CantMoveOn For This Useful Post:

looks like we have an invalid certificate now and it is scaring potentials away. the admin needs a good it person to check the forum and fix the bugs.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Exeter19 For This Useful Post:

I wasn't able to get on for a while. It was like the site was just blocked. I'm apparently back now. Who knows how much longer that will last?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TheEvilJester For This Useful Post:

In recent years, I see a lot of forums have hit an all time low in terms of the activity, or the mannerisms of certain users. The ones that are still active have some posters saying interesting statements...only to be ridiculed by trolls thereafter.

On Reddit, I saw one guy state how he felt about a game, without cussing anyone, but then he got subjected to hate posts by some nut. Going by what the thread starter had said, I couldn't think what warranted that type of response.

I don't know what gets into some people. Why should they always display an elitist attitude with something they love?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to My Coffee Cup For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    I wasn't able to get on for a while. It was like the site was just blocked. I'm apparently back now. Who knows how much longer that will last?
    Welcome back! 3 cheers!

Could you see and read the site and just not log in? I couldn't access it for awhile either. Still isn't fixed but can log in now unlike before.

It seems all the admin actually did was move to a new website and in doing so, caused a few notable errors.

Quote Originally Posted by CantMoveOn View Post
    Hi, Glyc. It's my other account I had to make when the forum locked me out after it changed password requirements I think you were gone at that time. I switch between this account and mellyann to help fill the forum since it is ****ed recently and no new members.

WB Hope you come back, just post in Off topics and Movies section like most of us for now until admin fixes all the oddball glitches here.

What hobbies are you doing? Glad you are doing well. Happy upcoming Merry Christmas too.
    I see!! Yes, I will be here and there. Mostly in the off topic discussion. Happy soon-to-be Christmas to you too!

Hmm. New hobbies.. I've mostly been watching documentaries, podcasts, focusing on just being healthier/working out regularly once again. A childhood friend moved near me again and we have been trying new restaurant/pubs basically weekly. Lots of socializing again actually. Kind of vain sounding, but I've been trying to focus on making myself more attractive too, and just trying new other things out. Researching dumb little tidbits, and love learning.

Oh, and I've been working on a nicely groomed beard that rivals Zeus' himself. Haha

It's been awhile since I've been in a position where I've just been so stress free with my career and my new job has been really great. It's really poured over into the other parts of my life and just boosted up my quality of life.

Hmmm, I feel like this was a post better for the personal life section topic you all made!

Really nice to see you all again though.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GLYC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mellyann View Post
    Welcome back! 3 cheers!

Could you see and read the site and just not log in? I couldn't access it for awhile either. Still isn't fixed but can log in now unlike before.
    No. The site wouldn't even come up AT ALL. Kept getting blocked with some weird error message. I was figuring that it was finally the end. That the site was just gone for good. Hence why I signed up (after a lot of frustrating effort) on the LoveShack. But, after my experience just trying to sign up there I will probably never use that site again. So, good thing this one popped back up after all.

It's still a pity that the 'admin' hasn't assigned any moderators to watch over this site, as I know a few people volunteered. Because I remember when I initially signed up here as "Peter SC" in 2012, there was active moderators, and I know the people here would never ban anyone unfairly, unlike what may occur at a lot of similar relationship advice forums.

It's also pretty disturbing how that Kiwi mentalist still stalks me around the Internet using multiple pseudonyms. I've stopped putting content on YouTube and all that now, because I know he is basically spying on me. He has taken up residence at all those (vastly inactive) Wikia related wikis I contributed to, and he edits pages using multiple accounts that have similar avatars, so it's not as obvious that it's him. But it is him. He also uses the name "James Slayer" on YouTube and he has subscribed to a channel belonging to this Nemesis guy, who I previously defended after some other users were mocking him. The other day, in fact, our fiend edited a page for an actor named "Guy Evans" on the Acting Wiki. And...I just so happened to post about Guy Evans a few weeks ago on this very forum.

I'm still going to contact the police in New Zealand about his abuse, as I still have logs of his childish crap on Biohaze, Love Forum, Wikipedia and elsewhere. It's better waiting until after the holidays and I'd probably have to ring the authorities at night, because of the time difference. I've kept a record of that IP address he used in late 2017 and an ISP would know what sites that IP address will have accessed. It's actually a shame that he's from a place such as New Zealand, because...New Zealand is actually a nice looking country. It's always referred to as being 'that place near Australia' because of its close proximity to Australia, but if you can ignore that, then it's a great place in its own right. But you do get morons the whole world over, unfortunately...

I see the thread order is still wrong :\

I don't think the name matters because I still type in loveforum & it comes up the same regardless of the name change, same warning as we had years ago though, how long has that been hanging around?
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to breathe123 For This Useful Post:

Well, maybe, maybe not. Others have mentioned that this site no longer comes up in their search results because of the name change. It still comes up in mine, and you say it does yours as well. I think that MAY be because some search engines (I use Google, for example) sort of prioritizes search results from sites it knows you visit often. So, I think (I could be wrong) that not everybody's search results are necessarily exactly the same.

So, if that is the case, some complete newbies may not even ever be finding this site at all. Not to mention, even if they ARE, there is still the issue of the name just being weird. "Love Forum..." as a completely new person to the site, I know immediately what that is. "A Cyber Love?" I see that and my first thought may not be "Oh, it's a love advice site."

On the thread order... you can re-order it yourself. That's what I've personally been doing. Obviously it only changes it for YOUR view though. ....And it always reverts right back the second you go back to a new page, so you have to do it constantly. Read a thread, respond, go back and it is back in the wrong order. The new order makes no sense what-so-ever. But, it is what it is, I guess.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to TheEvilJester For This Useful Post:

where did pcmaster go? he was always a staple on here through whatever dramas the site had, did he get locked out or banned? something happen to him in real life?
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Exeter19 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter19 View Post
    where did pcmaster go? he was always a staple on here through whatever dramas the site had, did he get locked out or banned? something happen to him in real life?
    I'm assuming he possibly got lost with the transition to the new site? Maybe he thought the site closed?

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GLYC For This Useful Post:

I could be wrong, but I THINK I remember seeing him still post here and there not too long ago. So, he may be still around but just not as active here. But, then again, who knows? He could have thought the site was gone after the name change, or after it wasn't working for some of us for almost a month, or any of the other BS that has gone on lately.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to TheEvilJester For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast