+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where did all the new members go?

Where did all the new members go?

This is odd, is registration turned off for the website? People can no longer find website because is not on google as a relationship website anymore?

Not only that posters like Hoo and Glyc disappeared.

It cannot be the 18 character password because my browser is set to recall it for me, I use Google Chrome.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mellyann For This Useful Post:

I read your thread and checked google and I cannot find any link or reference to this site without knowing its name and typing it in. Meaning it does not show for any love or relationship adive website, that would be why no new members but does not explain why the 2 you mentioned, plus pcmaster, fearoflove, even bunny, and gale are not logging in. Only a handful of old posters are posting here now. Someone must have been creating a lot of fake accounts here and either got banned or left and that dried up a lot of new threads. Wish loveadmin( or whatever new screenname is now) would tell us what is going on.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Peter is mia. No way he is still being held.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lovebroken For This Useful Post:

Funny, this site still comes up for me when I google search "love forum." But, I'll bet that is just because I frequent the site so often. I think Google remembers sites you visit a lot and will prioritize it for you in related search results. It wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't show up for others anymore based on that ridiculous name change.

I think that and the password are probably large contributors to us basically having no new members joining. Sure, some browsers offer to remember your password for you, but not everybody uses that or even wants to use it. I am sure the 18 character password is contributing to the issue. Seems sadly inevitable that this site will just die. Shame because it has been a great site for so long. Even through all the spam and bull crap lately we still managed to muddle through.

In the end, it will be lack of activity that kills the site. Sad, really.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TheEvilJester For This Useful Post:

You both are awesome - can always count on the both of you to answer and reply *hugs to you both* as I just sneezed( cold is coming my way)

I think Glyc was last on when the spammer was banned and we got avatars back and then gone right after. Hoo left after new members dried up, and I think pcmaster only logs in to bump his journal thread in love when it gets close to locking. Rest not sure, maybe that Peter guy who got jailed? is under conditions no longer allowed internet, and why he is gone?

I never checked if it shows in google results How come on the registration form here it still says you need to make an 8 character password, and not an 18 one? Go look and see it still says 8., I clear my browser daily to might not show in my results. But, good to know that it still shows for you, TheEvilJester, that is a bit hopeful.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CantMoveOn For This Useful Post:

did anyone check to see if registration is turned off as you mentioned? and maybe it is on but people are not receiving their activation email for actually post on the forum, that might be glitched.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Exeter19 For This Useful Post:

Meh, I dunno how awesome I am. I'm okay, I guess. LOL!

I WOULD check if new peeps can still successfully register... but I don't want to log out. I don't trust this site anymore to be confident I wouldn't have issues logging back in.

Though didn't one of us recently have an issue with their main account and thereby register a new account? I'm suddenly drawing a blank who had that problem, but I think that happened recently enough to assume that new registrations probably ARE working. It's probably just that nobody is bothering and/or less people are even finding the site.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheEvilJester For This Useful Post:

^ You might be talking about my account, this one? But lots of new members were still joining then, and website name was still the same then only 18 char p/w was in effect then and we got avatars here. I haven't checked, Exeter, but when I made mine that melly one I think I got an email for activating for that account back then.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CantMoveOn For This Useful Post:

Oh. You may be right, then. Maybe the problem is more so the name change. Again, I still have to think at least SOME potential new members are deterred by the ridiculous length requirements for the passwords. But, if nobody can even find the site anymore, then that certainly would deter new members.

I just had to change my password and it told me all I needed was an 8 character password so I tried it changing my old one slightly and I expected it to tell me like others have encountered that you need an 18 character one but that must have been changed recently because he is the new message I got:

The password you entered is not complex enough. Your password needs to have at least 2 characters in capitals or/and lowercase and 2 numbers

^^^

Does not say anything about needing to be 18 characters anymore. All I did was change to add 2 capitals and 2 numbers and my apssword is only 10 characters in length. So, that was changed and yet still no new members? On process of elimination it has to be the website name change?

Jus thought I would update all who cares.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

17. The Following User Says Thank You to lovebroken For This Useful Post:

Hi I am a new memeber. I searched "love fourm" and this website pop up. Also it took a while to activiate my account because the email went to my spam folder. Maybe other new people are having that problem too.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to jasmin55j For This Useful Post:

I wish they changed that before I was forced into making that 18 characters one for my account

Hi, jasmin55j. Welcome!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to topazlight For This Useful Post:

So this account, breathe123( I think) and yourself ( Topaz) got caught with the 18 character password then, could probably go into settings and change it to another one that is the 8 with stipulations now set.

Hi, jasmin55j and welcome. Okay, so what you said is what Jester saw too that the loveforum still shows in google searching. Wonder if it shows under relationships?

Took me 8 tries to log in.

The forum is all configured wrong on the main page and says security cert is invalid. Here we go again. The forum was offline for 2 days and it comes back to this mess????? Obviously, no one can log in unless they try more than a handful of times. Says security cert is for Okdwo .. which is that watch marketplace site at bottom of forum one of his sponsors, ad revenues?

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lovebroken For This Useful Post:

Still no one, jester, cant? I sent a PM to admin other day about the invalid certificate, no reply.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to lovebroken For This Useful Post:

What happened? Took almost 10 days for me to be able to log in? Guess site is abandoned again? Lovebroken you should be made a moderator on here, then Jester too but you are always trying to help this place out.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to mellyann For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast