+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets Talk about Us! Random chat thread about our lives.

Lets Talk about Us! Random chat thread about our lives.

Since no new members joining for now, for whatever reason older members can always chat and post here about regular life, forum life, relationships, family, holidays, good things bad things, pets.

Everything and Anything.

I'm trying to figure out where to go for a new years getaway holiday. I always get depressed once Christmas ends and I think to help myself traveling will help me best. Either in USA or overseas.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CantMoveOn For This Useful Post:

Come to Philadelphia, PA! Then I can say hi. LOL!

Jeepers... I don't really know that much of anything is going on with me that anybody would care to hear. ...Well, one thing coming soon is kinda cool. I am (hopefully) going to get to check off a pretty big bucket list item. So I am pretty excited about that. I say HOPEFULLY, because I'm a little worried that the lines might wind up being so crazy long that I won't wind up getting to do it after all....

But, I am going to Walker Stalker Con next weekend (as in not this weekend, but the one after) and have purchased a photo op with:

JEFFREY DEAN MORGAN!!! Negan/John Winchester himself! One of my favorite celebrities and one of my secret man-crushes. ...WAIT! I mean... I didn't say that last part. You imagined it.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheEvilJester For This Useful Post:

Hey all!

Forum still being a shit?

My news is my gf is pregnant, not planned but we both are happy about it. No wedding planned, which her folks are expressing unhappiness about.. My parents are okay with that. So onto my next level in life, I guess rofl.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jffs24 For This Useful Post:

^ Congratulations, Jffs24 Hope she has an easy pregnancy and all goes well for you three and I think you'll make a great dad. A Lot here do not marry because of having a baby they do or do not as time goes by.

Come to my part of the world, CantMoveOn. But you'll be trading cold for cold. How about Hawaii? Is that nice this time of year, I'd say California but are their wildfires under control?

TheEvilJester, that sounds like fun and a special time, especially being a huge fan of the show. Hope you have the best time. Pics to show us later on?

I don't have any exciting news but wanted to give you a post.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lovebroken For This Useful Post:

Congrats on the baby news, Jffs24. A new life ahead for you. All the best!

I am going on a ski trip tomorrow for a week. I love doing ski trips with family and gf's.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to topazlight For This Useful Post:

Sorry, logged into this account today. Thanks all who posted

Thanks for the invite to visit, Jester and Love but I think both of your hometowns would be as cold as mine, burrrrrrr why I am avoiding my usual place NY for holiday. We were considering California for a while but that went out the window.

What a good name for that convention for the show : Walker Stalker. Have a good time and exciting to meet a star of the show and get personal time with them.

Grats on the pregnancy news, Jffs. Babies are big deals. Do you ever want to marry her, or just common law?

Have fun on your ski trip, topaz. I always liked hangin at the ski lodge drinking and sitting my the fire reading.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mellyann For This Useful Post:

grats as well to jjfs24, big step dude, all the best.

my siblings, sister, bro and i are chipping in and sending our parents to italy after christmas, it is their gift from all of us. i'm going no where of course maybe the next city over for nye.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Exeter19 For This Useful Post:

Anybody else encounter this issue on the PlayStation Network? If you try to sign in, the password is supposedly wrong. But then after you request a new one and add your DOB, it says there's an error. I Googled this to find others had the same issue. That's a right pain. I never recall having an issue with that when I was using Microsoft prior to using Sony.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to My Coffee Cup For This Useful Post:

Lots of things going on in others lives, happy for you all. Have a safe NYE and a Happy 2019!

I got a work promotion but it means more traveling which I do not like, being away from my home, sweetheart, and pets.

@Jffs24 ... Congrats on the widdle bebe, aw. One day for me too. Can't wait.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dollhouse For This Useful Post:

Ah, well. It's too tough as it is getting film roles. I'm actually concerned that people slandered me on social media.

Re: Screw Joanna Sharp and Sara De Las Heras...
    Sun, 16 Dec 2018 16:49
    Guy Evans guyevans6@gmail.comHide
    To pandersonactor pandersonactor@aol.co.uk
    you have contacted me many times after i asked you to stop and after i blocked you. that means i do not want to be contacted by you. i gave you advice because you asked me for some. that advice still stands but i am not, repeat NOT, your friend, confident, advisor, counsellor or anything other than a person who you met ONCE that was it. ! i cant even remember talking to you as i was busy on set. yet you seem to think it okay to send me emails, facebook messages, videos. i do not want them. as you know i have blocked you many times on social media yet you still persist sending me messages. i do wish you well but i am not prepared to be contacted by you any more as it simply a waste of my time dealing with you. it is also, i suggest, a waste of your time too as i cannot and will not ever be able to help you. you do yourself no favours contacting people who have already told you not to. so please, kindly do not contact me again.

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 at 15:21, pandersonactor <pandersonactor@aol.co.uk> wrote:

You gave me decent advice once, so I'll be decent with you. Quit being a huge asshole. I've never even caused you any grief, whatsoever.

-----Original Message-----
    To: pandersonactor <pandersonactor@aol.co.uk>
    Sent: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 10:26
    Subject: Re: Screw Joanna Sharp and Sara De Las Heras...

do not EVER contact me again.

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 at 04:35, pandersonactor <pandersonactor@aol.co.uk> wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol7WQ6gvwdE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RMd1O47ALw

20. The Following User Says Thank You to My Coffee Cup For This Useful Post:

Eeks, Peter. Maybe do not email message that guy again, seems like he is overhearing from you. Don't cause yourself any issues especially coming into a new year, make it a new start.

My little Hazel was sick, got myself a steep vet bill but my baby is doing well now
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

22. The Following User Says Thank You to lovebroken For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lovebroken View Post
    TheEvilJester, that sounds like fun and a special time, especially being a huge fan of the show. Hope you have the best time. Pics to show us later on?
    One of my friends went with me and he was in the pic as well. So I don't necessarily want to post it here without asking him as well. But, it was SO much fun. Jeffrey Dean Morgan was AWESOME in person. He loved my costume. He even got the name right without me saying it when he called me "Neganpool." That's exactly what I'd been calling it. Definitely was one of my top all time experiences since I started going to cons.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to TheEvilJester For This Useful Post:

I've not watched The Walking Dead much lately. But my sister gave me a calender and a planner book. Hopefully, we've not seen the last of Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes. He is, after all, the main character of the whole franchise, not including the spin off and the related web series. He probably just required some time off from the hectic schedule. It must be tough being on the road a lot and only getting to talk to your loved ones through social media. It's very hard.

As far as I have heard, he is done with the series. I mean... never say never. I am sure he could decide to come back at some point. But, at least for the immediate future, he is intending to be done with the series for good. At least that is what I'd heard.

Ha-ha. At least they aren't casting somebody else in the lead role, which is essentially what Capcom did with Chris Redfield in the "Resident Evil" series. I've quoted the name, because now the series feels like it has lost its edge.

In the ending to 7, you play this guy who gets picked up by soldiers and their leader removes his mask, to reveal he is actually the main character, Chris, or just simply 'Redfield' (I didn't get why he only stated his last name) and for a while, Capcom made you think this wasn't the real Chris. But after the DLC got released after being delayed for like a whole year, we all found out that it truly is Chris.

One reason fans did not initially believe it was him was that, besides the bad redesign for Chris' in-game model, the chopper he flies in on has the Umbrella logo on it. In general though, the game isn't really like a RE game at all. You just play this normal guy from a first person perspective, who trolls through an estate near a swamp, because he is looking for a cure for his wife and this other woman he meets is related to the people who now try to kill him, and the only enemies you encounter are bugs, "Molded" creatures and a family that has fallen victim to a virus. That's...it. There are no zombies, crows, giant spiders, dogs, Tyrants, or anything that even resembles the old-school enemies from the days of the original PlayStation (long live retro) and sadly, I think the franchise has been milked to death now.

I don't know if you follow these games, so you may find the story is confusing. But Chris basically spent most of the other games trying to take down the original Umbrella with his partner, Jill Valentine, only you find out in the add-on content that Chris now works with the newly reinstated Umbrella, who are now supposed to be the good guys. Essentially, the logo they have is pretty much the same as the former one too. It's just now blue instead of red. But my biggest beef is that Chris looks slimmer, younger, sounds awful and actually doesn't seem like Chris any longer. But it is Capcom, after all.

To be honest, I think they're only doing the Resident Evil 2 remake for the money. It's not even an actual remake either. They've completely changed the story and even the costumes aren't the same. It's disappointing, but I half expected that to happen. In general, I think it could still be a great game if you look past that it is a remake of a classic from 1998. But I'm honestly by this point so fed up of the franchise getting milked with horrible spin off games, and a lot of the games are not really linked a great deal anyway. The stories are normally in their own continuity, so they don't make much sense. They need to do a great sequel again if they want to win back the fans who left them a long time ago. But they need to develop one that uses the traditional over the shoulder style, but actually make it terrifying again. Games like 4, 5 and 6 are too action heavy...but I guess if you enjoy shooting up everyone in sight, those games are for you.

They can still bring in new characters. In fact, I think new blood is good. If they keep using all the popular characters like Leon (they have a boner for him) and all that, it will get so boring.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast